Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Anyone willing to check out a '68 in Schaumburg IL area??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM
FLYNAVY30
Le Mans Master

Received 2,366 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Default Anyone willing to check out a '68 in Schaumburg IL area??

Im interested in the below 1968 Roadster in Palatine, IL which is in the Arlington Heights/Schaumburg area just northwest of Chicago. Ive been looking for a British Racing Green roadster with a 4spd for a while now. Im mostly concerned with the condition of the bird cage, frame, body mounts, radiator support, and paint. Im planning on a complete mechanical update with new suspension, brakes, engine, transmission so Im not as concerned with the mechanical side of things as having a solid foundation.

If anyone in the area is willing to take a look, and possibly take pics, it would be greatly appreciated. Im willing to compensate you for your time and gas. Im currently deployed to South Korea, so Im not going to buy anything without a knowledgeable forum member giving it a good once over, but another member sent this link my way so I figured it was worth a shot.

Please shoot me an email at GPaules03@gmail.com if you're willing to help out. Thanks very much!!

http://www.justamericanmusclecars.co...ible-c-801.htm
Old 01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
KO68
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That car is actually listed on Craigslist in Chicago for $20,000 by the owner. Phone # is 773 817 1422. It has been listed for a while now.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:46 PM
FLYNAVY30
Le Mans Master

Received 2,366 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! The owner got back to me and he's allegedly in the process of getting me additional pics of all the trouble areas....we'll see what he comes back with.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone willing to check out a '68 in Schaumburg IL area??

Quick Reply: Anyone willing to check out a '68 in Schaumburg IL area??