Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Bashton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN 2014

2013 was a record year for Chicago's Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show and an especially outstanding year for Corvettes at the show. I know November may seem like a long way off, and with all the snow and cold many of us are dealing with, we're all anxious just for a bit of warmth but...

November 22-23, 2014 will be here before we know it, so want to kick things off with some of the things we have already locked in for our 2014 show;

2014 Invitational displays will include;

Chevrolet L89 Invitational; featuring the rarest version of Chevy's 396 powered beasts. Will include Chevelles, Camaro's and of course, the 67, 68 and '69 L89 Corvettes!

Class of 1964, 50th Anniversary display; featuring the birth of the Chrysler Hemi. This group will acknowledge and showcase cars from the model year 1964, a year that saw the introduction of many milestone cars and high performance drive-trains. Also featured is a very special group of R-code 427 Galaxy convertibles.

Class of ’69, 45th Anniversary display; To many the year 1969 is their favorite, with the 69.5 440+6 Mopars, the ZL1 and COPO 427 Camaros and Corvettes, the Boss 302 and 429’s and more. See the hottest offerings from the Big 3 in this one. 427/435's welcome!

Color My World; Featuring the outrageous colors of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Who hasn’t stopped in their tracks when a Panther Pink, Hugger Orange or Grabber Green muscle car is spotted? Dodge and Plymouth may be the most recognized, with their wild colors and outrageous names, but all of the manufacturers jumped in on this short lived period.

Buick GSX Invitational; Buick was known as the gentleman’s muscle car, but in 1970 they broke out of their shell with the wild Saturn Yellow and Apollo White spoilered GSX. The standard 455 cubic inch engine and a long list of performance options established the GSX as a force to be reckoned with. The GSX would continue for ’71 and ’72, with a handful made in a wide variety of colors. Prime examples from 1970-72 will be featured.

Ford Cobra Jet Invitational; Featuring the Cathouse, showcasing 428 Cobra Jet powered convertible Mercury Cougars. You will see a variety of Ford and Mercury 428 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet powered muscle machines.

Plastic Fantastic; In this special display, vintage drag cars will be featured, including Devins, Funny Cars and select Corvettes, all with real vintage history. No “clones” or “tributes” just the real thing!

REAL Pace Cars, Presented by the Sloan Museum Auto Fair; Of course, we all recognize Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars, but in this display the MCACN team kicks things up a notch, showcasing the actual cars that led the race, not just the dealer sold replicas. Not limited to Indy Pace Cars, you will see a variety of Official Pace Cars from various races.

Chrysler 426 HEMI; a 50th Anniversary Salute; No one can dispute the impact the 426 Hemi has had on our hobby. Introduced as a factory option from 1964-1971, you will see some of the finest and most unusual factory built 64-71 Hemi cars ever gathered under one roof.

SPECIAL DISPLAYS;

Corvette Central Triple Diamond Corvette display and competition; One of our finest features and a MCACN exclusive. The Triple Diamond display and competition is reserved for the finest original, and restored to original, Corvettes from 1953-1996. To qualify, contenders must have already achieved both NCRS Top Flight certification and Bloomington Gold status within the past five years.

Vintage Certification & Heritage Collection, Presented by American Performance, LLC; Our Vintage Certification area is one of the fastest growing and most popular features of our show. Promoting Preservation instead of Restoration, our team of nationally acknowledged marquee experts pore over select original unrestored muscle cars and Corvettes, chronicling build techniques and much more. One of our first entries is a ultra low-mile 1978 Pace car!

Barn Finds & Hidden Gems, Hosted by the Automotive Archeologist, Ryan Brutt; Back by popular demand with a whole new group of unexpected cars that have been under the radar or hidden away. Over twenty rare muscle machines and drag cars that you may have forgotten about will be on display.

Pontiac GTO 50th Anniversary Collection; This special gathering will showcase one or two of each year of the highest performance GTO’s from 1964-1974.

Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Collection; This special gathering will feature only the highest performance offerings of America’s original Pony Cars from the years 1964-1971. K-codes, Boss’s, Mach 1’s, Cobra Jet’s and SCJ’s will be featured.

Vintage Police Cars; In the interest of keeping things fun and interesting, this gathering will feature real Highway Patrol cars and other pursuit vehicles from the late 60’s and early 70’s. Many of the best factory muscle car parts started as Police Car parts, including many of the big block drive-trains. See why these cars were able to keep up with the muscle cars of the era.

Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race display; Proving that you can have a show worthy muscle machine and still use it for its original intended purpose, the PSMCDR gang returns with a new crop of muscle machines. You won’t believe the quality of these cars that are routinely raced!

Muscle Bikes and More; This will be our third year for this “show within a show” featuring the drag race inspired bicycles. You will see Schwinn Stingrays and Krates along with Raleigh Choppers, Ross Barracuda’s and Apollo’s and many others. This is where it all started for many of us!

This is just the beginning, and as always, we welcome your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks go out to the Corvette Forum and all the members for the continued support!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Last edited by Bashton; 04-10-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

November 22-23, 2014 will be here before we know it
Are you flipping serious!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Bashton
Racer

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z
Are you flipping serious!
Yep...at my age, time goes by pretty fast!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Bashton
Racer

Things are already coming together in a BIG way for the 2014 MCACN show.

We are on track to host our largest gathering ever of Corvette Central Triple Diamond contenders, and we are working on a Corvette Race Car display that will be awesome.

We will also be hosting a special display of L89 Corvettes, Chevelles and Camaros.

If you own a prime Corvette and would like to join us, it is not too early to lock things up!

Here is some recent coverage that we recieved in Vette Vues magazine to give you an idea of what we are all about; http://www.mcacn.com/vettevues32014.pdf

Also be sure to check out our media page on the mcacn website, as the national media says it best!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Bashton
Racer

With Bloomington Gold now behind us, it is time to lock in your spot for our Corvette Central Triple Diamond display and competition, if you haven't already!

It is going to be another great year for this, which is one of our most popular and fastest growing area's of the MCACN show.

For more information, check this out; http://www.mcacn.com/diamond.htm

If you need any additional info on this or any other part of the show, e-mail me at bashton426@gmail.com or call 586-549-5291.

THANKS;

Bob Ashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Bashton
Racer

Things have once again come together in a BIG way for the upcoming Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals show, November 22-23.

Kevin Mackay has assembled an incredible group of significant Corvette Race Cars and we will also host special guests racer Tony Delorenzo and author Dr. Pete Giminez.

We have special Corvettes throughout the show, including in our Barn Find/Hidden Gems area and in our Vintage Certification area. Several gorgeous modified Corvettes are also joining us, including one that is coming in from Oregon and another direct from the SEMA show.

For our Corvette Central Triple Diamond display and competition, entries range from 1954-1991 and include a Harvest Gold 55 and several L/88's.

Advance Discount tickets for Adults are available now through our website and through our area outlets, and as alwys kids 12 and under always get in FREE with an adult.

Going to be another awesome show, so please plan on joining us! For daily updates, check out our facebook page and enter to win free tickets or a VIP weekend package for two.

THANKS;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

There are rooms available at two of our Official Host Hotels; the Crowne Plaza O'Hare at $99 and also the aloft at $114. The DoubleTree and the Embassy are both sold out, so book your room now to be in the middle of all the action!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bashton

Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race display; Proving that you can have a show worthy muscle machine and still use it for its original intended purpose, the PSMCDR gang returns with a new crop of muscle machines. You won’t believe the quality of these cars that are routinely raced!

Thanks go out to the Corvette Forum and all the members for the continued support!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
We are ready !!!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:20 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Booked and ready to go
For those that have not been this is a great show - not the largest show that many of us would attend but the quality of cars is simply spectacular
Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Bumps fer the last big event of da year!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Last year a friend of mine was 2nd in his class for Corvette's. The car that won had a dummy engine in it, and the car does not run. Why is that? Don't they tech the cars to confirm they can run and are given extra points so they don't lose to some poser?
Old 11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Bumps fer the last big event of da year!
INCREDIBLE SHOW, best indoor show in the Country!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Just came back from this show words do not describe what an INCREDILBLE American muscle car/race car show this is, it does not get any better than this!

If you a hard core enthusiast this show is a MUST, simply FANTASTIC job they do with show, fills the entire first floor of the Rosemont Convention Center. Ran into a lot of very good old friends (Johnnyvettes & Tommyvettes) and friends from the local car shows in the area.

Bob (Quicksilver Z),

Looked for you man but did not see you. Did see that SWEET 2011 Silver C6 ZR1 that Stasek Chevy is selling which rumour has you have been eyeballing. That is a SWEET ZR1 that you should grab it (as you only go around once in this lifetime) heck if you give me a loan (I will give you better interest than your bank I will buy it).

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 11-22-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:48 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Just came back from this show words do not describe what an INCREDILBLE muscle car/race car show this is, it does not get any better than this!

If you a hard core enthusiast this show is a MUST, simply FANTASTIC job they do with show, fills the entire first floor of the Rosemont Convention Center. Ran into a lot of very good old friends (Johnnyvettes & Tommyvettes) and friends from the locao car shows in the area.

Bob (Quicksilver Z),

Looked for you man but did not see you. Did see that SWEET 2011 Silver C6 ZR1 that Stasek Chevy were selling there which rumour has you have been eyeballing. That is a SWEET ZR1 that you should grab (as you only go around once in this lifetime).
Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Michele spends Jimmy's money and Jimmy spends mine, thus is the circle of life (limit one ticket per customer).

I told my man at Stasek I would entertain an "offer I couldn't refuse" on that particular rocket ship or they could sit on it all winter long.
So far they have found it as comfy as a couch. Me thinks Bill might be liking it as his daily driver too.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Zr1 values when the next Z06 becomes available???

Either I'm going over there today to lick the door handle...
Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Default Muscle car and corvette Nationals 2014

Here are some photos for those that missed the show.
Another spectacular show.
I traveled 7 hours 1 way to go for my second time.
Well worth the trip.
So many unique cars.
The barn find area was packed with cars and spectators.
Got to chat with Jim Wangers of GTO fame.
Attached Images       
Old 11-23-2014, 10:13 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

A few more for your consideration
Attached Images     
Old 11-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Michele spends Jimmy's money and Jimmy spends mine, thus is the circle of life (limit one ticket per customer).

I told my man at Stasek I would entertain an "offer I couldn't refuse" on that particular rocket ship or they could sit on it all winter long.
So far they have found it as comfy as a couch. Me thinks Bill might be liking it as his daily driver too.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Zr1 values when the next Z06 becomes available???

Either I'm going over there today to lick the door handle...

Bob,

No surprise I have been tracking closely the price of C6 ZR1 and they actually have already been hit hard and values have dropped $10,000 since the official announcement of the C7 Z06. As a matter of fact a friend of mine who is one of the biggest sellers of used corvettes in the area told me that out of all the C6s, its the ZR1 that was hit the hardest (as far as drop in value) after the C7 Z06 became reality=great time for you to be a buyer, especially heading into winter (to get the best bang for your buck).

That sweet silver 2011 ZR1 for sale that we are talking about would have been $10,000 more if the C7 Z06 was not going to be a reality.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

My sights are set on retirement these days Jimmy. Besides, I have a pretty nice car that could always be supercharged for a third of what that Zr1 would set me back.

My financial advisor has factored in a new Z06 in my current plan though. She knows me well and drives a C6Z herself...
Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

My sights are set on retirement these days Jimmy. Besides, I have a pretty nice car that could always be supercharged for a third of what that Zr1 would set me back.

My financial advisor has factored in a new Z06 in my current plan though. She knows me well and drives a C6Z herself...
I hear ya buddy and your car is plenty fast just the way it sits (but I think you are missing that manual tranny)?

This Rosemont show was so good I went this late Sunday afternoon when it was 2/3 dead, as it was so crowded Saturday Afternoon and b/c I did a lot of socializing with friends I ran into, I probably missed 1/4 of the show on Saturday but I took all in today (and my brother had a free pass for me)!

I have a good idea, give me a little loan I will pay you four times the interest rate of the your bank, allowing you a good retirement investment, and I will go buy that 2011 Silver ZR1 first thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 11-23-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN 2014

Quick Reply: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN 2014