Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Illinois People... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:17 PM
ThumperNC24
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad he is going to be getting what he deserves.

The only good part about this whole situation is that insurance should be covering it and you wanted to get rid of it anyway. Still I can't believe having to go through this ordeal.

I hope it all works out favorably for you.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Last edited by Maligator; 07-27-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that is crazy, I am glad they finally caught this douche bag...
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

any new info , maybe when this is all over you can recap the whole story . glad it's over what a shame can't trust anyone . we all learn from your troubles . good luck with future endeavors
Old 08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

so a small update...
Car is at the chevy dealer right now. finally got keys made for it. Started it up this morn and she is smoking badly. Bad enough they are suggesting to inspect the motor with removal of the heads....

Insurance adjuster will go out and inspect as well. I suspect and hope they just total it out.. or.. pay me for a new motor.

With regards to the perp, hes locked up and charged with theft and check fraud counts. Not sure what else hes going to get... The detectives haven't call me in a week or so.

At any rate, its been a roller coaster ride. My insurance has been great and on top of things. The Chicago PD has been awesome and def deserve my respect. At this point, the rest of my season for the car is shot. All track and car show events... So im kinda bummed about that. But such is life.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

I live in IL and very close to the original Luxury Motors in Downers Grove.

They have ALWAYS been known to be a scamming type of business.

They often sell damaged cars, and apparently now they are thief's as well. I wouldn't even step foot in that place.

Sorry to hear the story, that is awful.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Emsgr8(Happy Wifey)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I'm glad he was caught and you are ok. Very good information to remember and good thing you took pictures! Good Luck finding a new car!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:36 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Thx guys.

Rob: my z is currently at Phillips Chevy. I am hoping they are a good dealer to work with? Any input?

Yes the guys at LMI will get their own investigation since the police know the guy was skimming off their info. How else would they know my number and the car deal. But whatever, it's done now. Justice will be served.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
I am hoping they are a good dealer to work with? Any input?
they are good, always have a ton of corvettes there. I wish I could have told you sooner, like the day it was recovered, but because of it being an active investigation and confidentiality, I couldn't tell you your car was recovered. It was a friend of mine who recovered it and it was a weird conversation how it came up. We were having dinner and I drove my Z06 there, so he goes "we recovered one of those yesterday that was stolen". So he tells me that it was a check fraud case and your post jumped in my head immediately, showed him this post and pic of your car and he said that was it.

Glad you got your car back, hopefully Phillips will take good care of you, and yes the guy who stole it is a dirt bag POS.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:35 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

sent you a PM Maligator!

So far, Phillips has been awesome. I was referred to them by the officer. Seems like it was your buddy Maligator?
Old 08-08-2014, 05:31 PM
keith954
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06, '13

Originally Posted by Maligator
they are good, always have a ton of corvettes there. I wish I could have told you sooner, like the day it was recovered, but because of it being an active investigation and confidentiality, I couldn't tell you your car was recovered. It was a friend of mine who recovered it and it was a weird conversation how it came up. We were having dinner and I drove my Z06 there, so he goes "we recovered one of those yesterday that was stolen". So he tells me that it was a check fraud case and your post jumped in my head immediately, showed him this post and pic of your car and he said that was it.

Glad you got your car back, hopefully Phillips will take good care of you, and yes the guy who stole it is a dirt bag POS.
I'm still waiting to see you out and about
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by keith954
I'm still waiting to see you out and about
Lol, no doubt. Every time I see you your going in the opposite direction!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Burb- I was out and about today so I went to Phillips to see if I could check on your ride and take some pics/chat with the mechanic. Well, bc of the usual insurance reasons, they wouldn't let me near it, which I get. They wouldn't give me any info either bc im not the owner. Maybe a more "official" request when im working will help out
Old 08-10-2014, 10:47 AM
keith954
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06, '13

I know a salesman over there, he loves vettes. I'll text him later to see if he may have happened to take pics of it when it came in.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:16 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

^^^ thank you both for trying to help me out. I do appreciate it.
The Z is more then likely indoors with the heads removed. The dealership has been pretty good about calling me and keeping me up to date on the condition.

Any extra bit from a guy who knows Vettes, will always helps tho.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 AM
keith954
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06, '13

He was in the dells yesterday and didn't have any pics. He snapchatted the pics he had so he didn't actually have them stored on his phone. He said the front bumper was a little scraped up and he could shoot me some pics Wednesday when he gets back.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Ya, the front end is really scrapped up. The service advisor sent me pics of it. The bumper needs to be replaced, it's cracked in a few spots. Who knows what damage is underneath too. I'm curious about the rest of the car. And I'm really concerned about the drivetrain.

Keith, thanks for your help. Do appreciate it. The service advisor has been great with keeping in contact with me on the status. I def don't want to bug them, hate being that guy. I'd really love to talk to the tech and get the actual status of the motor, etc. maybe if your sales buddy can talk to him, that would be great.

I'm hoping they total out the car now. I'm getting tired of waiting. It's been about a month now that the whole thing went down. Wasting away what short summer we already have.

Get notified of new replies

To Illinois People... Please Help!

Old 08-12-2014, 02:42 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
Thx guys.

Rob: my z is currently at Phillips Chevy. I am hoping they are a good dealer to work with? Any input?

Yes the guys at LMI will get their own investigation since the police know the guy was skimming off their info. How else would they know my number and the car deal. But whatever, it's done now. Justice will be served.
Solid Chevy dealership, you're in good hands there.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by RobsVette04
So far soo good! They have been excellent in dealing with my insurance and professionalisms with myself...
Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 PM
RonsGS
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by RobsVette04
I ordered my Vette from them and couldn't be happier with their service and professional manner. I definitely would recommend them to anyone

Quick Reply: Illinois People... Please Help!