Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

14th Anniversary / Corvettes America- Aug 9th

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 14th Anniversary / Corvettes America- Aug 9th

9603 Dixie Highway
Clarkston, MI

WWW.americascorvetteclub.org

Anyone going ?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Went to this show, and it was extremely disappointing!

Maybe a total of 70 - 80 Corvettes, with C5 and C6 models having the largest turnout.

Parking lot show, separate areas for each generation, people running the show not too friendly or attentive to the participants.

Cars were judged on cleanliness, and too the extreme. An example, a C7 owner had a paint chip or worn off one small latches, and points were deducted for that.

A stone or pebble in either the brake or gas pedal cost you points.

Cars with open spoke wheels were judged on cleanliness of inside of the wheels, and those who had "sawblades" or closed style wheels were not. Asked judges about fairness of this tactic, and no response!

Will not be going back, but at least my money went to a good charity.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

That sucks. Especially after having to drive all the way to clarkston. This show used to be held at the GM tech center for several years. I participated many years. Anywhere from 100-200 cars. It was a fun show to attend.

Now it's just moving further and further north. Pretty soon it's gonna be at mackinaw. No wonder they're not getting turnout that they used to get. Your alienating your participants by moving to the sticks. Not worth the hassle.

Sad to hear about the judging tactics. But it could be worse. At the Windsor corvette show last year, the club members got trophies. Lol. And one year they even had the C5 and C6 in same class because they didn't have an extra trophy. What a joke.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
FLY LOW
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 5-6-8-9-11 Veteran

Default Judging

Judging at this show has always been particular. As Zack, I have attended numerous times and as the song says "It's a long way to the top". Zack and I had some fun competing against each other moving up and down between 1-3 places for awhile but now I just haven't the time to prepare anymore. As for moving to the sticks... I likey

Now if a show started paying for 1st and 2nd I would find time again because my 99 with 50K will still stand up to any C5
Old 08-13-2014, 05:07 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I was originally going to go, but I heard it was $30 to enter your vehicle, and $10 just for spectators ... glad it went to a good cause though ...

Get notified of new replies

To 14th Anniversary / Corvettes America- Aug 9th

Quick Reply: 14th Anniversary / Corvettes America- Aug 9th