Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

September 27-SE Michigan-Fall Tour-New Boston-Saline to Dexter Cider Mill

Old 08-25-2014, 06:12 PM
TORXILA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please add

Ben & Hillary (2) V wagon

Thanks
George
Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Updates added.

Heard this year is going to be a bumper crop for apples! Woo Hoo!

Cider mills should be opening up for business this weekend. Where did the summer go????
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Hey Sue, In plus one (1). If you would like me to work the route map as in the past, let me know.
Kevin
Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

Damn looks like I have to work Have fun everybody post pictures
Old 09-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by 69
Hey Sue, In plus one (1). If you would like me to work the route map as in the past, let me know.
Kevin
Update) I will be arriving with 3 other Vettes, /6 people.

Kevin
Old 09-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

My knee surgery will take me out for the season. This is a GREAT way to end the summer. We always have a good time. I cant believe I am putting my Corvette away in mid September. Have a great time everyone.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:10 PM
pcolarossi
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Suzanne, my wife and I are gonna try to make it this year. I'll spread the word up here in the St. Clair area too, if you'd like me to. So there will be 2 of us (if our new Granddaughter is born by then)

Pete & Sue Colarossi
Old 09-06-2014, 10:40 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Dreamcruiser1977
I cant believe I am putting my Corvette away in mid September. Have a great time everyone.
X 2. my car is going in for a well deserved spa day on the 27th and then an oil change and off to hibernation Sept 30th.

Looking forward to next spring /summer events.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Road Warrior
Burning Brakes

CI 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 Veteran

Looks like I'm out, I have to work.

Mike
Old 09-10-2014, 02:16 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 69
Update) I will be arriving with 3 other Vettes, /6 people.

Kevin
Kevin: thanks for inviting your friends and volunteering to be a pack leader! I'll hand you a map when you arrive.

Originally Posted by pcolarossi
Suzanne, my wife and I are gonna try to make it this year. I'll spread the word up here in the St. Clair area too, if you'd like me to. So there will be 2 of us (if our new Granddaughter is born by then)

Pete & Sue Colarossi
Hope you guys can come and the timing of your new granddaughter happens before you go!

Updates have all been added. There was another couple who called me from George's group that left me a voice mail on my phone.....I think they are from Warren and they just bought a new spiral gray C7....George can you tell me who you might think they are? I accidentally erased my voice mail messages on my phone.....

Last edited by luvmy82; 09-15-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:50 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Suzanne , did you have a couple glasses of wine for lunch ?

Re-read my post above. .
Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Heads UP! As I work in Salen just receievd this info>Our Ride will put us at ground zero for the Salen, MI Main Street Octoberfest which is on the 9/26 and 9/27

http://www.salinemainstreet.org/okto...ule-of-events/

Wilkommen!

Saline’s Oktoberfest celebrates our sister city relationship with Lindenberg, Germany. The term, Oktoberfest, is borrowed from the name of the famous 16-day celebration held in Munich, Germany where visitors consume great quantities of food and beer and dance to traditional music.

An Oktoberfest party wouldn’t be complete without plenty of local and regional music favorites. You’ll find a taste of both German and modern music to please all ears under our covered Entertainment Stage.

DOWNLOAD TO PRINT HERE

Friday, September 26

6:00 pm – 11:00pm Bier Garten and Live Music by Fifty Amp Fuse! ($5 Cover)

6:00 pm – Tapping of the Golden Keg Ceremony

8:00 pm- 11 pm Fifty Amp Fuse

Saturday, September 27

8 pm- 12 pm Farmer’s Market (behind Mac’s off Henry Street)

10 am – 3 pm Kinderplatz! (Located on S. Ann Arbor Street) FREE inflatable bouncers, obstacle course and children’s crafts

10 am until gone: Saline High School Culinary Arts Student Bake Sale

12:00 pm – New Horizons German Band

1:30 – 2:30 pm – Saline Fiddlers Philharmonic

3:00 pm – The Wanna Bees Children’s Concert

3:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Corn Hole Tournament for Families, Corporations and Adults
Want to compete in the tournament? We are taking the first 2-person team names now. There is limited space so reserve your spot by emailing salinemainstreetmi@gmail. Please put CORN HOLE in the subject line.

We can take up to 8 teams for the Family Challenge (Age 10 & Over), 8 teams for the Corporate Challenge and up to 12 teams for the Adult Challenge. Prizes will be awarded to each winning team.

6:00 pm – ? Hammerschlagen Tournament sponsored by Extang- Sign up near the Information Tent

7:00 pm – 10 pm The Phoenix Theory Band

Bier Garten and Food Vendors- (S. Ann Arbor Street) a great lineup of German & domestic brews & favorite German Fare and More! Saline-Lindenberg Friendship Committee’s German fare including brats and sauerkraut.

Other food options include:
•Mangiamo’s – Pizza
•Downtown Diner
•Kiwanis – Hot dogs, pulled pork, popcorn, pop
•Lindenberg – Bratwurst
•Benitos Pizza
•Lion’s Club – Ice Cream
•Billy’s Bayou Soda Cart
•Nutty Bavarian Nuts

Saline-Lindenberg Friendship Committee

Learn more about our sister city and the wonderful people
who help Saline maintain this international relationship.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks for the heads up Kev!

I'll call Mac's to see if parking will be an issue. There are two public lots, one is directly in back of Mac's and the other is across the street. If this Octoberfest is going on full force by the time we arrive and there is no lot parking available, we may have to move our lunch to Ann Arbor, providing the football game with Minnesota starts at a time where A2 is not gridlocked.

Stay tuned.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 PM
TORXILA
Pro

Option C could be a drive to Chelsea Mi to Cleary's Pub, then to Dexter and avoid all the B.S.
http://www.clearyspubchelsea.com/ord...u/0/Menus.aspx
Old 09-13-2014, 07:11 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by TORXILA
Option C could be a drive to Chelsea Mi to Cleary's Pub, then to Dexter and avoid all the B.S.
http://www.clearyspubchelsea.com/ord...u/0/Menus.aspx
Excellent suggestion!

I'm going to check out parking and routes today. Besides, it would be nice to go to a different restaurant too. Thanks for helping me on this George!

I'll update you on my findings.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

After doing some preliminary research on changing our venue to Chelsea for lunch, I really think this is an excellent suggestion! (thanks George!) I think a change of scenery and city is what this tour really needs anyway.

I researched the restaurants in the Chelsea area, and Trip Advisor rated this restaurant #1 called The Common Grill:

http://www.commongrill.com/

It appears that it has ample seating for our group, it's airy and bright as opposed to Cleary's Pub which appears to be a wee bit smaller venue. (but still a good pick nonetheless, George) I'm going to call and make reservations today.

After planning a route on MapQuest, the back roads drive to get to Chelsea will be around 1 hour and 15 minutes. I did a Google earth to see how the parking situation would be. (one thing I do have to say is that a large public parking lot at Mac's was just perfect for us) It appears that there is a 40+ space parking lot in back.

When we do drive to the restaurant, we will have to do a diversion around the Octoberfest. Ann Arbor Street will be closed off for the festival and we need to use this road to get to Chelsea.

I will do a preliminary run this weekend to make sure there are no surprises along the way. Hopefully, there won't be any (other than driving around the Octoberfest in Saline)

Last edited by luvmy82; 09-15-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:50 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

For those that may want to be a caravan leader, let me know and I'll send you the link. (I tried posting it here, but when you clicked on the link it didn't bring up the map, just the MapQuest website)

I'll also bring copies with me as well.

Get notified of new replies

To September 27-SE Michigan-Fall Tour-New Boston-Saline to Dexter Cider Mill

Old 09-15-2014, 08:20 PM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll gladly take the very last position. It's something I've always done while snowmobiling and riding quads( I was a better rider than the others and could make sure they didn't fall too far behind when they had issues) . In no way am I suggesting everyone here isn't a great driver I just don't mind being in that spot.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

You have been officially dubbed "Tail End Charlie!"

Thanks for volunteering!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by luvmy82
After doing some preliminary research on changing our venue to Chelsea for lunch, I really think this is an excellent suggestion! (thanks George!) I think a change of scenery and city is what this tour really needs anyway.

I researched the restaurants in the Chelsea area, and Trip Advisor rated this restaurant #1 called The Common Grill:

http://www.commongrill.com/

It appears that it has ample seating for our group, it's airy and bright as opposed to Cleary's Pub which appears to be a wee bit smaller venue. (but still a good pick nonetheless, George) I'm going to call and make reservations today.

After planning a route on MapQuest, the back roads drive to get to Chelsea will be around 1 hour and 15 minutes. I did a Google earth to see how the parking situation would be. (one thing I do have to say is that a large public parking lot at Mac's was just perfect for us) It appears that there is a 40+ space parking lot in back.

When we do drive to the restaurant, we will have to do a diversion around the Octoberfest. Ann Arbor Street will be closed off for the festival and we need to use this road to get to Chelsea.

I will do a preliminary run this weekend to make sure there are no surprises along the way. Hopefully, there won't be any (other than driving around the Octoberfest in Saline)
The common grill is very popular and if the Chelsea theater is having a show that day, could be difficult for the grill to accommodate all of us....
Chelsea parking, I commute thru this town every day and there are two parking areas off Main Street that could handle our car numbers, both along the railway tracks. If the grill is selected, I can post up a flyover photo map with these parking areas "boxed in color" to include the grill location. Let me know Sue,

Kevin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: September 27-SE Michigan-Fall Tour-New Boston-Saline to Dexter Cider Mill