Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Michigan, Indiana, Western Kentucky Corvette Caravan Indy link

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

Default Michigan, Indiana, Western Kentucky Corvette Caravan Indy link

Hello everyone,

This is the link to get your photos from the Indianapolis Speedway. I asked them to add the Indianapolis Motor Speedway logo to the pictures. This is the reason the information was not sent out sooner.

http://imsphoto.smugmug.com/Special-...diana-Western/

Please note that the IMS Wing and Wheel watermark on the photo will not show once the photo is printed. The IMS Wing and Wheel logo will appear on the bottom right corner once printed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
This was my first time as leader of the caravan and it was quite a learning experience. I have taken note of the suggestions posted. One important lesson I learned is to start a team early in the planning stages. This project is too big for just my wife and me to do it alone. I am very grateful for the help of my local leaders Jim Schoenfield, Jeff McQuade and Wylie Etscheid.
I have volunteered to be the Captain again in 2019. I am not sure if I will do just Michigan or add Indiana and Western Kentucky again. I believe I could do the region with the help of local leaders and local clubs to help in planning.
Please let me know if you are interested. vjnlcsvette@aol.com
My wife Verna and I will continue to host our annual Corvettes on Woodward in August and the annual Corvettes in the “D” in June.
I have Facebook pages for both of those events as well as my own page.
My wife and I thank you for participating in this caravan and hope you had a good time.

Larry & Verna Courtney
Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 PM
c51stvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Larry,

You did a nice job as Caravan leader. My wife and I especially enjoyed the stops at Indy and Churchill Downs. Those stops made the trip a vacation and not just a drive. Thanks for organizing everything.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM
harleyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dreamcruiser1977
Has anyone bought these pic.'s before? I would like to know what the matelic or water colour pictures look like. To decide what to get.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamcruiser1977
We (myself and my 4 friends from Austria that Larry knows) met up with the Caravan to the NCM in Indianapolis and did laps around the 500 track. That is something that I would say not many if any other Austrians have ever done and had our pic taken crossing the Yard of Brick start finish line.
My hat is off to Larry (Dreamcruiser1977) for taking on the task of being caption not only of Mi. but when the Indiana caption backed out Larry took on Indiana and part of Ky. as well. It takes a hell of a man to do that and Larry not only did it but setup one if not the best Caravan to the NCM I have ever been on and I have been on all of them. My hat is off to you Larry and a big Thanks from the guys from Austria.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Thanks Mike. We met a lot of great people in Indiana and Kentucky and I would really like them all to join me in 2019. Our goal is for everyone to have a good time. We (my wife Verna and I) try to learn from each event so we can make the next one better.

I am really starting to plan the next caravan and I am open to suggestions. I am thinking maybe next time we do the road course at Indy also.

Our frinds from Austria have a great connection in you. Thanks for arranging for them to drive a Corvette on the track. Larry
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 91 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by harleyvette
Has anyone bought these pic.'s before? I would like to know what the matelic or water colour pictures look like. To decide what to get.
Get one of each.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyvette
Myself and my friends from Austria went out to the 500 track on Monday after coming back from the NCM and we went upstairs to the Photo Shop and picked out our pic and got them on the spot. We had to have them (the Photo Shop) tone down the color of my 67 Sunfire Yellow Coupe because it was way to Bright of a Yellow. After they toned it down a couple of notches it turned out great. As for the other pic the guys got they were fine. One was in a dark Green 93 Vette and the others were in a Gray Vert and both of the colors in there pic turned out great.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

How many people got pictures??
Old 10-05-2014, 12:34 PM
BIGBYRD1993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI, XII Veteran
NCM Lifetime Member & Ambassador

Larry , just let Me know what you need and I'll help !!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Michigan, Indiana, Western Kentucky Corvette Caravan Indy link

Quick Reply: Michigan, Indiana, Western Kentucky Corvette Caravan Indy link