Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

2014 Driving Season Coming to a Close-Thanx for Coming to Dexter Cruise (pix inside)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:17 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default 2014 Driving Season Coming to a Close-Thanx for Coming to Dexter Cruise (pix inside)

It is so hard to believe that the 2014 driving season is winding down! The days will get shorter, and our Vettes will be stored away for yet another winter season (BLECH!)

I want to give a big thanks and shout out to everyone for coming to the Dexter Cider Mill Cruise this year. We had a great size crowd (50+ people attended)

Thanks to Kev (69) for all of his hard efforts behind the scenes helping us map out this new route through Chelsea (even though he could not make it ) Maybe next year Kev.

Thanks to George and Gloria for being a spontaneous caravan leader and spreading the word to the CTS-V group. Your suggestion to stop in Chelsea instead of Saline was spot-on. The Common Grill had great food and great interior appeal.

Chelsea was such a great town to wander around and explore, and the weather was spectacular. We were hoping to run into Jeff Daniels, but no luck! Would have been great if we did! It would have been a great photo op not to mention getting his autograph! However, we did see a horse drawn carriage go by with a bride and groom in it!

We had a wide range of attendees...from a 10 week old baby named Greg (who was our youngest cruiser and came with Mom Holly and Dad Brad! -congrats to both of you he's a gorgeous baby) and from as far away as St. Clair and Windsor, Ontario Canada.

We had more kids/future CTS-V owners attend this year (which I think is great and I hope continues to build next year) That's one advantage to driving a CTS-V instead of a Vette, you can put two kids in the back seat and still travel with your significant other! Or, if you have a CTS-V wagon you can bring even more passengers with you!

I really, really, really enjoyed the drive, it couldn't have been a more perfect day. I have to say because this was my first time doing this route, I was a nervous wreck that I would get lost because of all the road blocks and detours (which isn't a bad thing! ) Next year, I will be much more relaxed about it, that's for sure!

The only downside to the whole day was the onslaught of bees and wasps at the cider mill. Because it was so warm out, they were out IN FORCE! I was waiting for them to steal my bag of donuts and fly away with them!

Next year, if I don't have any personal vacation going on during the third week in October, we can go at that time when it's colder which eliminates the bees and wasp factor, and the colors will be more advanced.

I'm also going to fold in after lunch a tour of the Jiffy factory. It's only an hour long and it's free and they give you samples of the products at the end of the tour. For those that want to opt out of the tour, there is a stroll around town, carriage rides available or you can meet back at the cars to just relax and chat.

So, without further adieu...here's pix from our day!

Here's the CTS-V group arriving at our parking spot by the train station

Having lunch at the Common Grill. The couple on the right Dave and Kathy Leikert brought their brand spanking new cyber gray C7 for all of us to drool over

I see a future Corvette owner seated at the head of this table!

Canada was well represented, eh?!

Why couldn't my mom have named me Fred???????

The Welfare Building

Whoa NELLIE! Don't stand too close to the railroad tracks!

This used to be a horse livery and feeding station

Beautifully maintained historical train station

At the cider mill for our annual group shot, I was trying to get all of us to say "CORVETTE!" but not everyone was cooperating!

I hope we have a few more weeks of Corvette driving weather ahead of us I will see all of you again in 2015

Last edited by luvmy82; 09-30-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:05 PM
TORXILA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some more pics from Nathan, (aka Soulja)

http://s332.photobucket.com/user/nls...tml?sort=2&o=0

George
Old 09-30-2014, 09:38 AM
striller
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne for planning and coordinating a great day. The cruise was a blast and weather was perfect. Good choice for lunch and the trip to the cider mill was a nice end to a fun filled day. (especially for the bees). Some real nice cars showed up. Hope to do it again next year.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:08 PM
inthehunt2
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn! Did I miss it? I looked today because it's usually in October. Did it actually happen already?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

Thanks for arranging this, it was a great time as always, the drive and lunch were fantastic
Old 10-02-2014, 11:19 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by inthehunt2
Damn! Did I miss it? I looked today because it's usually in October. Did it actually happen already?
Steve, ya gotta check in on the forum more often! The cruise was posted to the forum since August 11. I even put in a blurb that it's ok to wear your shorts!

I usually do the cruise the 3rd week in October but because of vacation this year, I had to move it to the last weekend in September.

Hope to see you and Linda next year!

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Driving Season Coming to a Close-Thanx for Coming to Dexter Cruise (pix inside)

Quick Reply: 2014 Driving Season Coming to a Close-Thanx for Coming to Dexter Cruise (pix inside)