Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

what do I do with my Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 10:22 AM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what do I do with my Z06

I currently have a allocation with Cristwell Chevy for the new Z06 I am suppose to be able to order around the Feb/ march time frame and get the new car around the April May time frame. I am wondering what I should do with my current Z06. Should I store it for the winter and wait till my car comes in and trade it or sell it then or should I throw it on Cars.com or ebay motor and try to sell it now ? What do you guys think, I hate the idea of giving up my vette before the new one comes in, but then with the weather getting colder the car is going into storage anyways and I wonder if the price will be better in the spring.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:05 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by racezx9
I currently have a allocation with Cristwell Chevy for the new Z06 I am suppose to be able to order around the Feb/ march time frame and get the new car around the April May time frame. I am wondering what I should do with my current Z06. Should I store it for the winter and wait till my car comes in and trade it or sell it then or should I throw it on Cars.com or ebay motor and try to sell it now ? What do you guys think, I hate the idea of giving up my vette before the new one comes in, but then with the weather getting colder the car is going into storage anyways and I wonder if the price will be better in the spring.
Since you won't be driving it anytime soon, you might as well sell it, if you have to get rid of it to get the new one.

Realize selling a Corvette in the northern (Winter) states is tough, because buyers will be looking for great deals, which means less for you. I would try to sell it either by one of the big internet markets or by personal ad. Or if you can wait until spring when prices would go up and be more beneficial to you, sell it at that time, but you run the risk of getting your new car and still having the old one to sell.

It all depends on your personal situation. If you can buy the new car without selling the old, then there is no pressure one way or the other.
Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by JThomas; 11-08-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Seems like $ is not a big problem for you and since your vette is worth $2,000 to $3,000 dollars less now in the winter market put her up for sale in the spring market in Feb. and if she don't sell you can always trade her in when the new Z comes in a get the tax benefit for trading in a car.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,291 Likes on 13,965 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

You can try to sell it now - could be someone from a location that does not deal with winter weather may be interested in the car. Would make a great Christmas present. If it doesn't sell quickly, then you still have the early spring time frame to get it sold. If it still doesn't sell by the time you get your new Z06, you could always see about trading it in.

Get notified of new replies

To what do I do with my Z06

Quick Reply: what do I do with my Z06