Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Central OH Supercharged Folks, Step in....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Vette N It
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Central OH Supercharged Folks, Step in....

I'm curious where you had the work done. I only know of one real performance shop in Columbus. I don't believe they're a forum vendor, so I'll refrain from posting the name. If you would prefer to answer me via PM, please do so.

Where did you have the work done?
Do you feel the pricing was fair?
Was your car delivered back in a timely manner?
Did you replace the clutch as well?
Any complaints?

Any and all info is appreciated. Thank you.

Mike
Old 12-15-2014, 08:40 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

You have a couple of choices in CMh but to be honest for a blower and tune install I would take the short drive to Decatur Indiana and let lingenfelter do the work.
They have the experience to put together the right package the 1st time and not make you the guinea pig.
You also get the bonus of name recognition when you resell.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
You have a couple of choices in CMh but to be honest for a blower and tune install I would take the short drive to Decatur Indiana and let lingenfelter do the work.
They have the experience to put together the right package the 1st time and not make you the guinea pig.
I think that is sound advice. BUT I will put in a plug for Smokey's Dyno in Akron. Peter one of the co owners owns and builds Corvettes. He just got a 15 Z for example. There is always a Corvette in there being enhanced along with a lot of exotics.

A few weeks back a guy brought in his new McLaren P1 for them to tune. If they can handle that I feel confident in their work.

I've had some minor work done and have always been very happy.

I think important to the selection is that you are on the same page as the people doing the work.

330-644-0021
Old 12-31-2014, 04:30 PM
brewersprts
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Evans Automotive. That's where I would take all my stuff. Vettes, bikes, range rovers. Owner is a great guy and they absolutely know their stuff.

Only problem is that I usually feel sad because my car is the worst one there. Lol

http://evansauto.com
Old 12-31-2014, 08:48 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
I would have agreed but I called LPE about doing one of their blower packages on my C7.

The guy I spoke with was the most disinterested person in the questions I was asking. When I asked how they were addressing traction issues, what wheel options they had, etc he told me to go buy drag radials. LPE is about complete packages and doing it right. Driving around on MT drag radials is not an answer.

After talking to 10 different shops I was expecting better knowledge, service, and interest for the 20-30 percent premium which I was willing to pay until I talked to them.

Not at all the response I was expecting.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:41 AM
ND2RACE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're thinking IPS, rumor is that they are behind on rent and may be close to closing the doors, who knows it's just what I've heard from a pretty good source. I would call Big 3 racing up near Cleveland, nice stand up guys that know what they are doing. You could call Dynotune Motorsports, he doesn't do installs, but knows some quality people to get it done. Just my 2 cents, best of luck.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:00 PM
DALE C
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned a shop in central ohio and we repaired or reworked a ton of supercharger installs. Do yourself a huge favor and give the guys at RPM transmissions a call you wont regret it.

Get notified of new replies

To Central OH Supercharged Folks, Step in....

Quick Reply: Central OH Supercharged Folks, Step in....