Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

built 87 silverado short bed for sale (chicago area)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Default built 87 silverado short bed for sale (chicago area)

1987 Silverado R10 (1/2 ton C10 in older years)

this was the only year they was called R10 and the last year for this body in a 1/2 ton

all the parts listed have less then 3,000 miles on them truck gets a lot of attention when I do have it out this is a 27 year old true classic that the complete drive train has been redone

truck come from Georgia when I bought it 10 years ago body & floor is solid rust FREE original sheet metal! was stored every winter, all winter long until this one I lost my garage space thats why i'm selling it, paint is driver quality interior is ok but dash is cracked and carpet is old and faded

truck is equip with power windows, power locks, power brakes, tilt wheel, A/C (not hooked up) am fm stereo sliding rear window...... this was a fully loaded truck 27 years ago!

MODIFICATIONS:
lowered 2.5" front with spindles, Rear is 4" used shackles and hangers drop shocks was used
front brakes was swapped over to 3/4 ton HD brakes

full autometer gauges installed (speedometer, tech with shift light, fuel level, oil pressure, engine temp, volts, trans temp) also AEM wideband
B&M truck megashifter Rachet action
full custom exhaust! long tube headers, x pipe, electric dumps, flowmaster mufflers, stainless tips under the rear plate
rear mounted 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell with sump
taylor aluminum battery box in bed & batter cut off switch next to it
Full MSD ignition (6al box, blaster coil & wires)
12 bolt rear end built stange axles, auburn locker, 3.73 gear 2,500 miles ago
700r4 built by a shop all new parts & upgrades 1,500 miles ago
Edge racing stall converter 3200 balloon plates
after market aluminum radiator
Derale twin electric fans
have steel 2" cowl hood gos with the truck (not painted)
Boyd stagared 17" rims decent shape need a polishing
commander 950 Pro ECU also laptop for tuning + software (tune, program & data log)
bed cover with custom bowtie
billet specialties valve covers
GM Performance serpentine belt setup (Camaro Style)

now for the best part!
engine was built by ATECO Engines has less then 200 miles on it since installed was tuned by larry at sound performance 383 stroker eagle forged crank, H beam rods, JE pistons, custom cam, ported dart pro1 aluminum heads, splayed main caps, ARP and so on truck makes 345rwhp and made 2 passes ran hi 12's with some better tires and a little more tuning truck should run mid to low 12's, built for nitrous but never install it, under the hood theres some wiring that needs to be tidied up (looms and wire ties) never got around to it to be honest just lost the love I once had for it hence the 200 miles on the new engine, a few hours under there it would look a lot cleaner one plug wire burned from touching the header when it was on the dyno we did a quick fix (drivers side) thats why its out of place

$11,500 or best offer? my asking price is less then 1/2 of what is invested

the pic of the under side is misleading what looks like rust is really Georgia clay!

in the pic the power inverter is wire tied so the laptop can be plugged in for tuning purposes

Last edited by Stroker87; 03-05-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: built 87 silverado short bed for sale (chicago area)