Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Speeding tickets??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:01 AM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by BRZI
Yeah he did ok. The only thing I wish he could of got that conviction reduced to a supervision. Now I have a misdemeanor crime in my record that will follow me around.
That's not good and driving nice for 6 months is tough. Can it be expunged from your record
Old 04-15-2015, 12:06 PM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

After a couple of years it might be able to be expunged not sure though. If it was just a driving conviction it would not bother me to much but being a misdemeanor crime does.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

I'll tell you what though I am scared straight my speeding will be left for the track. I was giving a lot of thought to supercharging my car prior to this but definitely won't do it now it's hard enough with the power I have to not get on it.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Damn dude, you got hosed, im shocked at the outcome of this in cook co..............was your lawyer sleeping?
Old 04-16-2015, 10:39 AM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

I dont know not sure what happen there. He said the prosecutor would not budge on the conviction cause I had previous speeding tickets (not misdemeanor speeding tickets just regular speeding charges). I really gave a rats *** if they would of fined me more but having a f****N misedemeanor conviction on my record for speeding. People freakin shoot people and get out of it nowadays.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Domin8r
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That's the great (corrupt) state of Illinois for ya...
Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Just wanted to give you guys an update of the outcome of my tickets. I had my court date yesterday and they dropped the 2 tickets for the expired insurance card and illegal lane changes (no signal). The misdemeanor aggravated speeding charge they refused to drop or reduce to just a regular speeding citation. Prosecutor said that I had to many speeding charges (non convictions just supervisions) in my record and refused to bring charges down. So, they convicted me on the misdemeanor and tacked on a $300 fine+ $194 court costs. Not to mention what I paid the lawyer. I got shafted real good! So a word to the wise be careful if your thinking about smashing that accelerator on the street it could cost you big.
If you have a quite a few supervisions that will usually sway a judge. I wouldn't get to worked up about the misdemeanor, its a traffic based misdemeanor and really unless your trying to get a "driving" based job its not that big of a deal from the criminal stand point.

Yeah he did ok. The only thing I wish he could of got that conviction reduced to a supervision. Now I have a misdemeanor crime in my record that will follow me around.

It can be expunged, not sure what the waiting period is on a class B but it can be done.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:24 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by PHPD7102
If you have a quite a few supervisions that will usually sway a judge. I wouldn't get to worked up about the misdemeanor, its a traffic based misdemeanor and really unless your trying to get a "driving" based job its not that big of a deal from the criminal stand point.

It can be expunged, not sure what the waiting period is on a class B but it can be done.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:33 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

No I dont have a driving based job but I am licensed by the state in nuclear healthcare. I have to renew my license every 2 yrs. I know they ask on the application if your were ever convicted of a felony but not sure about a misdemeanor will have to check.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets??