Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

?? DM Corvette vs Dealership $$

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:36 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default ?? DM Corvette vs Dealership $$

Curious how DM Corvette in Downers Grove compares in pricing to local dealerships? Looking to have my '04 coupe auto trans looked over for a leak and ensure it has enough fluid in it. I am planning to get under there and see if I can locate the source of the leak, but I'm not comfortable getting under a running car in my garage without a lift to check the current fluid level and refill. So I need to get it to someone who is capable and competent to do this.

I'm concerned this may ultimately lead to a failed seal and require significant labor to drop the trans and repair. So whoever I go to for diagnosis is likely getting the rest of the business too. Just don't want to overpay if I don't have too.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I would drive about 3 miles further west on Ogden Ave to
Bill Kay Chevy
601 Ogden Avenue, Lisle, IL
They work on a lot of Corvettes, sponsor Golden Glass Corvette Club and put on one of the largest Corvette Concourse every year. Service manager is a NCCC judge

Google complaints for D & M Corvette in Downers Grove
Old 03-12-2015, 09:11 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by Bimmervet
I would drive about 3 miles further west on Ogden Ave to
Bill Kay Chevy
601 Ogden Avenue, Lisle, IL
They work on a lot of Corvettes, sponsor Golden Glass Corvette Club and put on one of the largest Corvette Concourse every year. Service manager is a NCCC judge

Google complaints for D & M Corvette in Downers Grove
Thanks. Been to Bill Kay for servicing of the trans before. They said it was a split pan gasket. Replaced gasket and fluid. Later than year, the leak reappeared. Sorta disappointed they didn't do a better job at seeking out additional sources of the leak the first time. I may give them another chance, my only other dealer nearby is Advantage Chevrolet in Countryside. Not a huge fan of them either...
Old 03-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You'll probably get mixed opinions.

I have never had service done at DM, but I met the owner and he was very nice and knowledgeable. That being said, I have read some of the poor reviews.

If Advantage in Countryside is anything like Advantage in Bolingbrook, I would avoid them at all costs. I had some basic repair service done at the Bolingbrook location on my old car and it was a bad experience.

You might consider driving out to Bill Jacobs in Joliet, they have a good reputation with the Corvette guys.

Corvette Mike on Kingery and 55 is another option if you don't have a trusted shop.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

What about Sunrise Chevrolet in Glendale Heights?

Get notified of new replies

To ?? DM Corvette vs Dealership $$

Quick Reply: ?? DM Corvette vs Dealership $$