Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

MN Auto Show, Don't bother going IMO !

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default MN Auto Show, Don't bother going IMO !

Went to the show this last weekend, most cars were either locked, roped off and had dead batteries so stuff did not work. Not to mention all the damn kids in the drivers seats as the day progressed. Why kids are in the drivers seat I will never understand....

I got my tickets for free thank god...I won't be going back ever.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

It's not just the MN show, happens elsewhere too. The St. Louis show was about the same.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:02 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Chicago show too...I brought my son (9) and he does sit in the driver's seat from time to time, BUT ONLY when there aren't lines of people waiting to get in. As soon as someone approaches, I ask him to get out so that someone who can actually buy and drive the car can get in. He's very good about this. Most of the time, he just goes to the passenger side or backseat, if there is one, without me having to say anything.

While I know there are folks out there attending the show to consider purchase options, there are also tons of people there just to dream and take in the auto world. My son has a passion for cars that he shares with me. I'm not going to deny him a chance to sit in cars he would like to own one day, as long as there is an opportunity and we are conscious of other showgoers. It's how we keep the automotive hobby moving forward for the younger crowd.

I agree though it drives me absolutely bonkers when some parent is completely oblivious to their kids behavior and/or others that want to check out the car themselves. Get a babysitter or discipline your kids to have respect for the vehicle and others.

Get notified of new replies

To MN Auto Show, Don't bother going IMO !

Quick Reply: MN Auto Show, Don't bother going IMO !