Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Corvettes on Woodward August 12-14

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

Default Corvettes on Woodward August 12-14

It is time to start planning your trip to Corvettes on Woodward.

We begin Wednesday at 10 AM at the GM Heritage Center for tours

Wednesday afternoon head over to the Radisson Kingsley Hotel for huge meet & greet. expect 500 Corvettes. Special displays this year Corvette Generations. 10.00 donation per car.

Thursday sign up for a tour of the Lingenfelter collection I take 100 Corvettes there

Friday is tours of the Stahls Automotive Foundation.

Remember this is a charity event proceeds go to Open Hands Food Pantry. Bring some food if you can.

Keep checking for more information or write to me at

vjnlcsvette@aol.com

Larry
Old 08-10-2015, 07:06 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Just a couple days away! Looking like the weather will be good. I'll be there Wednesday.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

The weather is going to be perfect, This is an updated itinerary. There are a few changes.

This year’s T-shirt Design on a white shirt. Can be purchased at the Kingsley hotel on Wednesday August 12th or will be shipped FREE beginning August 17th. They are 15.00 each, 3x and larger please add 2.00. If you need a 3x or larger, please let me know by August 3rd. Special orders will be taken at the hotel for later delivery
Thank you
Contact information:
Cell number 586-876-6923
Email vjnlcsvette@aol.com

HOST HOTEL
RADISSON/KINGSLEY
39475 WOODWARD AVENUE
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MICHIGAN
248-644-1400 ROOM CODE COW 15
NOON-7:30 PM FOOD DRIVE
Parking at the Kingsley/Radisson. If you are not a hotel guest there is a 10.00 entry donation. Proceeds are donated to Open hands Food Pantry.
HOTEL in AREA
SOMERSET INN
2601 WEST BIG BEAVER ROAD
TROY, MICHIGAN
248-643-7800 ROOM CODE WOODWARD
FIVE MINUTES FROM WOODWARD JUST OFF I-75
Room code Woodward Cruise/Larry Courtney

TOURS

Wednesday August 12

GM HERITAGE CENTER
6400 CENTER DRIVE
STERLING HEIGHTS, MICHIGAN
10 AM
COST 10.00 PER PERSON CASH
DON’T FORGET YOUR CAMERA

After touring the Heritage Center head over to the Kingsley/Radisson for THE FOOD DRIVE and huge meet & greet.

Parking lot opens at noon but you have plenty of time to stop for lunch. When you enter and make your 10.00 donation you will be given five tickets for prizes. Go to our t-shirt table and put your tickets in the box for the prize you would like to win. Additional tickets are on sale 30 for 5.00 dollars.

RUSS FIELD WILL BE SET UP TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR CORVETTE NOON TO 3:00 PM. These are specialty 12” x 18” prints on aluminum. See Russ for special prices

CORVETTE CENTRAL DISPLAY, GALLI SPORTS APPAREL, CRUIS’NEWS, OFFICIAL WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE MERCHANDISE, DJ ERIC, FOOD BY THE RADISSON HOTEL

Thursday August 13

LINGENFELTER COLLECTION
7819 LOCHLIN DRIVE
BRIGHTON, MICHIGAN
10 AM
TOUR LIMITED TO 100 PEOPLE CONTACT ME TO BE PUT ON THE LIST

Lingenfelter Engine Build Center
47451 Avante Drive SUBJECT TO CHANGE CHECK WHEN YOU COME TO THE KINGLEY
Wixom, Michigan
1:00 PM Tours limited please contact me to be put on list

STAHL’S AUTOMOTIVE FOUNDATION NEW DAY THIS YEAR
56516 NORTH BAY DRIVE
CHESTERFIELD, MICHIGAN
OPEN HOUSE FREE BRING YOUR CAMERA
Noon – 4 PM

Friday August 14

WEBBER WILD LIFE MUSEUM
4710 MORLEY DRIVE CANCELLED
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN
10:00 AM FREE TOUR BRING YOUR CAMERA

KATECH
24324 SORRENTINO COURT
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW YOU WANT TO GO
FREE TOUR
9 AM. Looking for small groups, limit 30 people per group

MORLEY CHOCOLATE
23770 HALL ROAD
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN
Please call 800-682-2760 for daily schedule TOURS AT VARIOUS TIMES DURING THE DAY

There will be a special display of Corvettes starting this year representing all generations of Corvette. You will me a guy that bought his C1 when he was 13 years old. He got it running and drove it many years. Then it sat for a few years and is now completely restored. There is a C4 that just completed the Hot Rod Power tour. This story is unique because he made a matching trailer to take with and the trailer is made from another Corvette. Another interesting story goes with the owner of the C6. He has Corvette DNA in his blood. His dad worked with Zora and Ed Cole. He shared a picture of his Dad’s Corvette with a ski rack on it. Believe it or not but Corvettes were Daily Drivers. Please take the time to meet these interesting people and share stories. If you would like you and your Corvette considered for next year’s display and souvenir book please send pictures and your story to me at vjnlcsvette@aol.com.

Russ Field is a photographer from Minnesota. He showed me some examples of his work and I thought some of you would be interested. He takes unique photos of your Corvette that are put on Aluminum for a really great effect. Russ will be set up at noon until about 3 pm to take pictures and take orders. The finished picture is 12” x 18” and the cost is 75.00 plus shipping. Come early and see Russ and his great photos.

Besides the special display Pratt Miller has asked for permission to bring in a couple of their Corvettes for everyone to see.

Harlan Charles usually makes an appearance and Ken and Kristen Lingenfelter are there also. This is a great opportunity to meet them.

Corvette Central will be here handing out information, Galli Sports Apparel will be taking custom orders for your one of a kind shirt or jacket. Bill Heldenbrand will be there with Official Woodward Dream Cruise Merchandise. John Lenihan will have his special eye candy windshield wraps. Matick Chevrolet is bringing a van to accept food donations.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS OUR ANNUAL FOOD DRIVE SUPPORTING THE OPEN HANDS FOOD PANTRY. IT IS A 501C NON PROFIT AND DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO BUY FOOD.

A COUPLE OF QUICK NOTES. If you have any questions please call me 586-876-6923. You can also send a text to that number.

Next year’s Corvettes in the D will feature the Corvette Grand Sport. If you would like your Corvette to be considered for our special display and be featured in the souvenir book please email CorvettesintheD@aol.com

If you are in the area for Autorama in the Spring. I get discount tickets and also have three day special passes available.

In April I go to the BASH at the Museum and book a block of rooms at the Drury Inn. At least 12-15.

I will be the Captain for Michigan, Indiana and Western Kentucky for the 2019 Corvette National Corvette Caravan to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum

My email vjnlcsvette@aol.com
Old 08-11-2015, 02:33 AM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Today Verna and here friend Kaye packed 400 goodie bags to be given away Wednesday to the first 400 Corvettes. They contain dash plaques, the Souvenir Book and FIVE FREE raffle tickets. Additional tickets can be purchase 30 for 5 dollars, less than 17 cents each.

The t-shirts are picked up and many have been shipped. If you asked for one or two already we have them on the side for you. If we run out of any sizes we will have them made and will send them to you. Pre-paid orders only. Shipped FREE.

I hope I have answered all of the emails and telephone calls.

The hotel is ready. We have a new parking lot person that will help you park. Please be patient this is his first year. The food vendor is ready to go and DJ Eric will be here again to entertain. Corvette Central will be on their way. You will also be able to get Official Woodward Dream Cruise Merchandise again this year.

Russ Field will be set up noon until 3 PM to take pictures of your Corvette.

Friends have come forward to help. We are very fortunate to have good friends.

I apologize ahead of time for anything I missed.

I thank everyone that plans to attend for helping the Open Hands Food Pantry. I thank the people that have sent in checks.

If you would like your Corvette featured in next year's souvenir book please let me know.

It is late. I have a bunch or running around to do in the morning and pick up a truck to bring every thing to the Kingsley Inn.

I want to thank Vette Vues Magazine for sending copies to be given away. George Matick Chevrolet for their continuing support. Corvette Central for all of their help and support. Michelin Tire for their generous donation. Thanks to the staff, management and owner of the Kingsley Inn.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes on Woodward August 12-14

Quick Reply: Corvettes on Woodward August 12-14