Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

BB Exhaust Tips - misaligned - where to take in NW Burbs for Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:08 PM
vettefan311
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default BB Exhaust Tips - misaligned - where to take in NW Burbs for Adjustment?

All,

I'm in Palatine and am hoping someone can recommend a shop for me. I've had my B&B exhaust on my C5Z for a few years now and the tips don't line up right. The driver side tips point out a bit. I tried taking some pics below.

There aren't any adjustment points on the B&B bullets and I'm finally getting to the point where I want to have them aligned properly. Essentially, what I think needs to happen is that the driver side pipe needs to come off and "bent" a bit which will center up the tips and have them pointing straight back.

I have LT headers, so that could be what's causing it to be out of whack just a bit.

Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop that can heat them up and nudge them properly?

The tips are black on purpose (not everyone's cup of tea, I understand):

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 01:52 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Speed Inc. in Schaumburg could probably help you out or Blackdog speed shop in the northwest suburbs (I can't think of the Village but Google will get you there).

Otherwise, the very old school Robin Hood Exhaust in Cicero, IL, can fix any exhaust issues they are the exhaust Kings of Chicago last 40 years.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

My Corsa was a little off and I was able to adjust it myself. Not sure how BB is put together but have you considered doing it yourself?

I'm next door in AH if I can help.

Get notified of new replies

To BB Exhaust Tips - misaligned - where to take in NW Burbs for Adjustment?

Quick Reply: BB Exhaust Tips - misaligned - where to take in NW Burbs for Adjustment?