Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Looking for Window Tinting in Chicago Suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Tonyz13
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Window Tinting in Chicago Suburbs

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a good window tinting shop in the Chicago Suburbs. I live out by DeKalb, IL and have a 2013 Grand Sport Coupe that I would like to have tinted but don't know of a good shop. Any recommendations? Thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 09:32 PM
bluewire
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonyz13
Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a good window tinting shop in the Chicago Suburbs. I live out by DeKalb, IL and have a 2013 Grand Sport Coupe that I would like to have tinted but don't know of a good shop. Any recommendations? Thanks
See link below, Greg has done four of my cars. Great guy does excellent work.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...mendation.html
Old 05-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Tonyz13
Cruising

Originally Posted by bluewire
See link below, Greg has done four of my cars. Great guy does excellent work.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...mendation.html

Thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 10:27 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Does this guy work out of a shop, or is it freelance in his garage? I've called around to a lot of shops a few months ago, not sure if I already contacted Greg. Would know for sure if I knew the business name.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:29 PM
akilbrid
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Z Tech in Naperville is good. I had some film peel back on my BMW and they fixed it a year later no questions asked. They stand by their product.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 AM
gtp'n
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Does this guy work out of a shop, or is it freelance in his garage? I've called around to a lot of shops a few months ago, not sure if I already contacted Greg. Would know for sure if I knew the business name.
Greg has his own shop. It is Quality Window and Tint. His shop is in Warrenville. I had one car done by him and was very satisfied. I would go there again.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by gtp'n
Greg has his own shop. It is Quality Window and Tint. His shop is in Warrenville. I had one car done by him and was very satisfied. I would go there again.
Update: Just called and Greg answered!! Woohoo. Sounded very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Suggested a darker tint on the back glass, but said I can make up my mind when I come in. Quote was higher than the other shop I was ready to move forward with, but Greg gave me a better sense that I was not going to regret this purchase. Checking my schedule and will likely make an appointment with Greg.

Thanks for the confirmation. I did 2 online requests for quotes for his company and never got any responses. I also called a few times and got voicemail each time. I left a message once and never heard back from that either. I gave up after so many failed attempts to reach him. He may be good at tinting, but he needs to hire some help with responding to customers.

Since he seems to be highly recommended by other Corvette owners, I may give him one more shot. If nothing else I'd love to know what my cost would be going through him, as I have another shop I was about to make an appointment with.

Last edited by imgn tht; 05-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Window Tinting in Chicago Suburbs

Quick Reply: Looking for Window Tinting in Chicago Suburbs