Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Woodward Dream Cruise NB

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:10 PM
DopeyDude
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Woodward Dream Cruise NB

I've been wanting to go to this for the last 4 years. What do I need to know, where should I go, how do I make my first experience a good one? Somebody please school me!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:37 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by DopeyDude
I've been wanting to go to this for the last 4 years. What do I need to know, where should I go, how do I make my first experience a good one? Somebody please school me!
Dreamcruise is now officially a week long event. You're best bet is to participate in the Corvettes on Woodward Event on Wednesday Aug 12th that our resident forum member Larry Courtney aka Dreamcruiser1977 organizes. He'll be posting a thread soon with all the details and itinerary of activities. If you've never been out here, then this is the ONE event you do not want to miss!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:45 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Cruise during the week. Leave Friday Night and Saturday for walking. There are three "epicenters" of the cruise. Birmingham (Maple and Old Woodward), Royal Oak (at 13 Mile) and Ferndale (9 Mile).

Personally I think if you focus on the 13 Mile to Maple corridor on Saturday you can't go wrong.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:01 PM
J.D.78
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
Cruise during the week. Leave Friday Night and Saturday for walking. There are three "epicenters" of the cruise. Birmingham (Maple and Old Woodward), Royal Oak (at 13 Mile) and Ferndale (9 Mile).

Personally I think if you focus on the 13 Mile to Maple corridor on Saturday you can't go wrong.

x2 "cruising" on Saturday is a .5 mph parking lot. lol
Old 07-22-2015, 10:14 PM
DopeyDude
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
Dreamcruise is now officially a week long event. You're best bet is to participate in the Corvettes on Woodward Event on Wednesday Aug 12th that our resident forum member Larry Courtney aka Dreamcruiser1977 organizes. He'll be posting a thread soon with all the details and itinerary of activities. If you've never been out here, then this is the ONE event you do not want to miss!
I didn't really plan on spending a whole week out there, just a long weekend. I thought I'd drive out there Thursday night and stay until Sunday. Where is the best area to stay? I'm sure there is a lot of hotels that are booked. Come on Dreamcruiser and post some info.

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6

So is this someplace you just park, hang out and watch the action?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Yes. On Saturday, your best bet for moving between areas it to go west to Greenfield Rd or Southfield Rd and use those to go north/south. There is a big neighborhood west of Old Woodward, south of Maple (15 Mile). I like to park in there and walk over to Old WW/WW. As Russ said above, that's a good area to spend some time. You can either walk south to the 13 Mile area or use Southfield Rd to drive down and find another parking spot down there. Plan to do more walking than driving and you'll have a good time.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:58 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

I didn't really plan on spending a whole week out there, just a long weekend. I thought I'd drive out there Thursday night and stay until Sunday. Where is the best area to stay? I'm sure there is a lot of hotels that are booked. Come on Dreamcruiser and post some info.

Staying anywhere close to Woodward in Troy, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Berkley, Huntington Woods, or Southfield should be fine (pick a brand name hotel).

On Saturday I suggest parking on 13 mile near Woodward (Coolidge on the east, near Beaumont Hospital on the west), or in Downtown Birmingham (on the west) or Maple and Adams (on the east) and walking to Woodward. I live in Troy and I typically park near 13 and Coolidge since Memorial Park is full of cars (there is a car show) and the GM tent is right there near Village Automotive.

The length between 13 mile and Maple (aka 15 mile) is about 2.5 miles (Woodward is on an angle) and you will see cars parked everywhere up and down the sides of Woodward here and lots of events. Chrysler has big area in the 13 and Woodward shopping center, the aforementioned GM tent and Memorial Park are also good. Downtown Birmingham (on Old Woodward) has 2-3 car shows as well.

Sunday everything is pretty much torn down, the party starts on Tuesday in force and really ramps up Thursday. Tuesday-Thursday are the good cruising nights, Friday during the day is fine. But at night treat it like Saturday and just walk. It's probably best to go to Ferndale Friday night and see some things because getting there and to Royal Oak and Birmingham on Saturday is a chore. Berkley also has a parade cruise on Friday Night that is pretty nice to see.

Basically there is so much to do in the Thursday-Saturday timeline that it's impossible to see and do everything.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 PM
J.D.78
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was out on woodward tonight. not a lot of old cars but I did see a LOT of corvettes.

Get notified of new replies

To Woodward Dream Cruise NB

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise NB