Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Genesee/Oakland County need a good shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesee/Oakland County need a good shop

Hello, I picked up my Z06 A couple of summers ago and I am now ready to start doing some engine mods and other general maintenance to the car, I was looking for a trustworthy shop in Oakland/Genesee County to do the work I don't know of any around here and was looking for some input. I have been taking it to Al Serra Chevrolet in Grand Blanc for routine maintenance, but I don't know if I fully trust their Corvette tech or their shop, I just keep hearing horror stories about GM dealerships on this website and don't know if that's the right spot to be going to. Any help from other forum members on here would be greatly appreciated thank you
Old 01-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Ok southeast Michigan is fine....Anyone?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:10 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I have had a lot of work done at Livernois
Engineering although they are in Dearborn Heights. They know Corvettes , but, are expensive. Lingenfelter also good and expensive.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FKING1
I have had a lot of work done at Livernois
Engineering although they are in Dearborn Heights. They know Corvettes , but, are expensive. Lingenfelter also good and expensive.
Thanks, I looked on Livernois's motorsports website a little while back I used to go there when I had a cobra, but I didn't see a whole lot for Corvettes I don't mind the drive it's only an hour from my house, and you're right they are very expensive the same with Lingenfelter, I was just hoping there was some better little out-of-the-way performance shops that other members might know about I've heard about a guy named Lito or Ledo ( I forget the exact name of the shop I think it's total performance ) in Shelby Township is pretty good but I don't know much about them
Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

What type of work are you looking to have done? Kenny's Lakes Area Auto Experts in Walled Lake takes care of many of our local street and track Corvettes. They've done supercharger installations, engine / transmission swaps, suspension work, tuneups, pretty much anything mechanical on Corvettes of all ages.

http://lakesareaauto.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Lakesareaauto

Give them a call and mention that you heard about them here.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Also, Lidio's shop is called Alternative Auto. They're better known as a Mustang shop but they do some work on GMs as well.

http://www.alternativeauto.com/Home.html
Old 01-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Scooter70
What type of work are you looking to have done? Kenny's Lakes Area Auto Experts in Walled Lake takes care of many of our local street and track Corvettes. They've done supercharger installations, engine / transmission swaps, suspension work, tuneups, pretty much anything mechanical on Corvettes of all ages.

http://lakesareaauto.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Lakesareaauto

Give them a call and mention that you heard about them here.
Thanks I'll check them out, I looking for long tubes, tune, and some general maintenance thank you again
Old 01-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Mufflers and More
6th Gear

Default Corvette work

Hi, I am Kenny from Kenny's Lakes Area Auto Experts. I would love to help you with your Corvette. As Scooter70 stated, we work on a lot of Corvettes. Yesterday we just finished a 1999 Supercharged Corvette that we installed a new LS7 clutch, Tick adjustable master cylinder and remote bleeder. We do everything there is to do on Corvettes, it is one of our favorite cars to work on!

Give us a call at 248-668-1200 and we will be happy to set something up with you. You can also make an appointment on our website at www.lakesareaauto.com

Thanks,

Kenny Walters

Originally Posted by Ohcat68
Hello, I picked up my Z06 A couple of summers ago and I am now ready to start doing some engine mods and other general maintenance to the car, I was looking for a trustworthy shop in Oakland/Genesee County to do the work I don't know of any around here and was looking for some input. I have been taking it to Al Serra Chevrolet in Grand Blanc for routine maintenance, but I don't know if I fully trust their Corvette tech or their shop, I just keep hearing horror stories about GM dealerships on this website and don't know if that's the right spot to be going to. Any help from other forum members on here would be greatly appreciated thank you
Old 01-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Ohcat68
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mufflers and More
Hi, I am Kenny from Kenny's Lakes Area Auto Experts. I would love to help you with your Corvette. As Scooter70 stated, we work on a lot of Corvettes. Yesterday we just finished a 1999 Supercharged Corvette that we installed a new LS7 clutch, Tick adjustable master cylinder and remote bleeder. We do everything there is to do on Corvettes, it is one of our favorite cars to work on!

Give us a call at 248-668-1200 and we will be happy to set something up with you. You can also make an appointment on our website at www.lakesareaauto.com

Thanks,

Kenny Walters
Hi Kenny,
thanks for reaching out I will be getting a hold of your shop in the spring when I am ready to do some work and pull the car out of mothballs!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:18 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Have you looked at Katech?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:46 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

The Car Guys in Brighton

Get notified of new replies

To Genesee/Oakland County need a good shop