Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Shop/Mechanic/Hobbyist Suggestions - C3 project finish

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:42 PM
morleyz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop/Mechanic/Hobbyist Suggestions - C3 project finish

Hello Corvette brethren. I started down the road of a resto-mod on my 81 Corvette a few years ago. The chassis has been full restored and I have the engine/transmission out of the car. My plan is/was to put a Blueprint 383 crate, Keisler manual kit, Dewitts radiator and electric fan conversion, and fresh exhaust. I got as far as swapping out the pedal assembly and there my project has sat for 18 months.

Since I already purchased everything and most is still in the box in my garage, I need to get this thing back together and frankly I need to pay someone to get this finished for me. I'm NW of Chicago in Crystal Lake, IL. I tried to contact Vetteran Automotive in Crystal Lake, but it appears that he's too busy to take on more projects as talked with him on the phone once and stopped in the shop, but he has never reached out to me to work out an estimate or to start the project.

Anyone have any suggestions on shops in the area (needs to be relatively close since I have to get everything there as well as my non-running car) or know of any mechanics who might be interested in side work? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any contact info, or you can reply with any shops you think would be good to check out.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 AM
SilverOverdrives
Supporting Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by morleyz
Hello Corvette brethren. I started down the road of a resto-mod on my 81 Corvette a few years ago. The chassis has been full restored and I have the engine/transmission out of the car. My plan is/was to put a Blueprint 383 crate, Keisler manual kit, Dewitts radiator and electric fan conversion, and fresh exhaust. I got as far as swapping out the pedal assembly and there my project has sat for 18 months.

Since I already purchased everything and most is still in the box in my garage, I need to get this thing back together and frankly I need to pay someone to get this finished for me. I'm NW of Chicago in Crystal Lake, IL. I tried to contact Vetteran Automotive in Crystal Lake, but it appears that he's too busy to take on more projects as talked with him on the phone once and stopped in the shop, but he has never reached out to me to work out an estimate or to start the project.

Anyone have any suggestions on shops in the area (needs to be relatively close since I have to get everything there as well as my non-running car) or know of any mechanics who might be interested in side work? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any contact info, or you can reply with any shops you think would be good to check out.
Check with these shops:

https://frameupwheelworks.com/

http://www.oshotrods.com/

Jeff
2250 Stock Creek Blvd.
Rockford TN 37853
jeff.kauffman@shiftsst.com
Authorized TREMEC Elite Distributor

Quick Reply: Shop/Mechanic/Hobbyist Suggestions - C3 project finish