Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Official count down to April 1, 2016, the true beginning of the new fun car season!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Official count down to April 1, 2016, the true beginning of the new fun car season!

April 1st is always that date in my mind which truly means winter is history, the roads are fairly clean and salt free, and the drive your fun and go fast car season (in one's favorite car(s) kicks off. April 1st is always a great time of the year for us motor heads and a date I always look forward to every winter because that's when the 2016 vette/supercar/sports car/muscle car/exotic car season begins!

Today is February 1st, this has been one of the easiest winters so for that I can remember (let's hope Feb and March are easy too) and despite this being a leap year we are now just 59 days aways until April 1st!

59 Days and counting.............

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-02-2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:14 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

the ground hog did not see his shadow so early spring !
Old 02-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default Streets getting washed!

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
April 1st is always that date in my mind which truly means winter is history, the roads are fairly clean and salt free, and the drive your fun and go fast car season (in one's favorite car(s) kicks off. April 1st is always a great time of the year for us motor heads and a date I always look forward to every winter because that's when the 2016 vette/supercar/sports car/muscle car/exotic car season begins!

Today is February 1st, this has been one of the easiest winters so for that I can remember (let's hope Feb and March are easy too) and despite this being a leap year we are now just 59 days aways until April 1st!

59 Days and counting.............
Hoping El Nino will bring earlier spring. Streets being washed of salt all day today by rain.

Last edited by Carvin; 02-02-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: better formatting
Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by JohnFather
the ground hog did not see his shadow so early spring !
I hope so buddy, I remember last year the Viper was out full time my the middle of March and the roads were all clean and salt free by then as we were good to good the rest of the 2015 car season.

Carvin,

I hear that man and I do believe El Nino has been really good to us this winter and these hards rains definitely washed away all the salt off the roads, but unfortunately it being early February, I'm sure more salt is on its way but hopefully not that much and that it will be an easy Feb.

58 days lefts to April 1st..........

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-02-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default 40F Chicago weekend

I hope so buddy, I remember last year the Viper was out full time my the middle of March and the roads were all clean and salt free by then as we were good to good the rest of the 2015 car season.

Carvin,

I hear that man and I do believe El Nino has been really good to us this winter and these hards rains definitely washed away all the salt, but unfortunately it being early February I'm sure more salt is on its way but hopefully not that much and it will be an easy Feb.

58 days lefts to April 1st..........
Will be getting my baby out this weekend! Last time was Christmas Day.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Yukon Corleone
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Anyplace to get a Neutral Safety Switch installed? It is the only thing I need done to have the car ready by April 1st?

I have a 1990 with a manual transmission.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Yukon Corleone
Anyplace to get a Neutral Safety Switch installed? It is the only thing I need done to have the car ready by April 1st?

I have a 1990 with a manual transmission.
Sure, call Straight-line Performance in New Lenox, or ask for Kevin Paddock who heads up the high performance division of Liberty Chevrolet, or Black Dog Racing N/W suburbs google them, or FLP in the Plainfield area, those places would be a great place to start.

57 Days until.................April 1st.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-04-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default New fun car pre-season!

Is on in Chicago! Until the Monday snow.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Carvin
Is on in Chicago! Until the Monday snow.
This weather is perfect right now and my Viper should be out this weekend b/f the next salting hits!

56 days until April 1st and counting!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-04-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Talk about being an optimist We have had snow in April every year that I can remember. I see no reason to believe that this year will be different. Although I would like to get the cars and the bike out!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:34 PM
jzubik
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Car was out today and will be out all weekend. it will even be at the "J" lunch.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by jzubik
Car was out today and will be out all weekend. it will even be at the "J" lunch.
I'm back out too
Old 02-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by LDB C5
Talk about being an optimist We have had snow in April every year that I can remember. I see no reason to believe that this year will be different. Although I would like to get the cars and the bike out!
You crack me up Len you said the EXACT same thing last year and my Viper was out full time by Mid March and there was ZERO snow in April. Don't be a pessimist Lenny , we are not all living in Northern WI where it snows a heck of a lot more there than here.

I agree that we have and can get just a little bit of snow in April (one or two days if that, and if it comes its melted within 48 hours), but the last 10 years has not seen hardly any snow in April.

What pisses me off is that the darn Municipalities have to use up a certain amount of sale to justify there salt budget for next year and we has just a tad of snow this morning in Elmhurst and they threw down a TON of new snow on all the major roadways like RT 64 and RT 83, too much for even my liking so my Viper is probably grounded this weekend! My buddy who snow plows commercially for a living with a large business told me that these Municipalities will be throwing down salt even on cloudy Feb. days to justify their budgets which is really frustrating since all that rain had just washed away and cleaned up the roads around me until today!

On a positive note, just 55 days until April 1st!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-06-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:52 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default Salt

You crack me up Len you said the EXACT same thing last year and my Viper was out full time by Mid March and there was ZERO snow in April. Don't be a pessimist Lenny , we are not all living in Northern WI where it snows a heck of a lot more there than here.

I agree that we have and can get just a little bit of snow in April (one or two days if that, and if it comes its melted within 48 hours), but the last 10 years has not seen hardly any snow in April.

What pisses me off is that the darn Municipalities have to use up a certain amount of sale to justify there salt budget for next year and we has just a tad of snow this morning in Elmhurst and they threw down a TON of new snow on all the major roadways like RT 64 and RT 83, too much for even my liking so my Viper is probably grounded this weekend! My buddy who snow plows commercially for a living with a large business told me that these Municipalities will be throwing down salt even on cloudy Feb. days to justify their budgets which is really frustrating since all that rain had just washed away and cleaned up the roads around me until today!

On a positive note, just 55 days until April 1st!
Yes, the road salt varies by town, mine has clean streets but a few
blocks away it's a mess.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:09 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I took mine out of storage on April 14th last year. It was May 2nd the year before, so we must have had several pretty good spring rains last year.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:05 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

April 10 is the CCM Rallye so it's out rain or shine or S***.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:13 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I took mine out of storage on April 14th last year. It was May 2nd the year before, so we must have had several pretty good spring rains last year.

Yep, last March turned into a real easy March allowing the most **** of corvette owners to have their babies out by April 1st (Steve is living proof of that)!

Steve, good to see your still active and I see you may have a new toy in the near future?

Get notified of new replies

To Official count down to April 1, 2016, the true beginning of the new fun car season!

Old 02-07-2016, 06:25 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Yep, last March turned into a real easy March allowing the most **** of corvette owners to have their babies out by April 1st (Steve is living proof of that)!

Steve, good to see your still active and I see you may have a new toy in the near future?
Took delivery of a 2016 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red A8 Z06 a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it last November and there were only a couple of people who knew about it. Stasek Chevrolet was kind enough to trailer it to our house and it's been sitting in the garage ever since. Only 3 miles on the odometer.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:52 AM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Took delivery of a 2016 Arctic White/Adrenaline Red A8 Z06 a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it last November and there were only a couple of people who knew about it. Stasek Chevrolet was kind enough to trailer it to our house and it's been sitting in the garage ever since. Only 3 miles on the odometer.
NICE!!!!

Old 02-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

That is awesome Steve just awesome!! Congrats man!!!

Now how many days until April 1st, hmmmmmmm, lets count.......just 53 days until April 1st!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-08-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Official count down to April 1, 2016, the true beginning of the new fun car season!