Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Best Dealer in Twin Cities for service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Vecna
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Dealer in Twin Cities for service?

Just bought my first 'vette this weekend after some research, at Lewiston Auto:

I'd rather not drive 200 miles round-trip for the 500 mile break-in period service interval. I'd rather drive 200 miles round trip than let some no-nothing put 10w40 generic instead of Mobil 1, so I'm looking for recommendations from anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area that has found a reliable dealer to service their 'vette. If it helps, I'm in the S/E area (South St. Paul, West St. Paul, Woodbury blah blah).
Old 07-25-2016, 09:57 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Greetings from Stillwater! Seems like very few from MN on this forum. I am a rookie myself. From what I hear, if you want to drive to Village Chev it might have the most experience. I bought my Vette here in Stillwater, and did the first oil change at Stillwater Motors. Went fine--meaning they put the exactly correct amount of Mobil 1 in without cracking anything, scratching anything, and without washing it by mistake! Nice facility too. And an easy drive.
The following users liked this post:
Vecna (08-01-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 10:07 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts

Suburban Chev in Eden Prairie is also good, they sell alot of Vettes and service them. I bought my Camaro SS 1LE from Merit Chevrolet in St. Paul, they are decent for service as well as Stillwater motors in Stillwater.
Vecna (08-01-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 03:27 PM
markm3814
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Hello from Rochester. I don't own a Vette yet, in another 2 years hopefully.

I'm interested in the info in this thread as I'll eventually need it.
Vecna (08-01-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 03:56 PM
guido1205us
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I've yet to find one so I'd be interested in the responses. I picked up some parts from Mauer Chevy and they seemed pretty cool, but I've never had service done there.

I had Tires Warehouse drop ship some tires to the Firestone in Eagan and they put them on as well as did in oil change in my previous base. However, when I took my GS there they scraped up my lower rocker - no lift low enough. They did take care of me though and had Abra next door fix it. Trying to find a shop with a low enough lift is a challenge.

Therefore, I bought a lift and change the oil myself. Horror stories of dealerships doing it wrong, overfilling, etc - was enough for me to go down this path. Plus, it frees up space for my other cars.

Also, I've yet to meet up with other Vette owners. I know there are couple of groups around here that go for drives. I usually meet up with my buddies at MOA Sat mornings and do the Wisconsin run through Prescott on 35. You're welcome to meet up with us sometime. Last weekend we ran into a group of Ferrari's, easily 10 million worth of cars probably from Chicago - fun times.

Should you decide to mod your car I've heard Doug Rippie is the guy to go to. When I end up putting on a super charger that'll be who I'm going to.

Last edited by guido1205us; 07-29-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Vecna (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Vecna
6th Gear

Thanks everyone for all the replies, I'm glad there are other members here that can vouch for local dealers. My neighbors had a lot of trouble with Mauer Chevrolet service, so I will give Merit Chev a try as they are the closest. I'm going to update again after I've completed the job. Maybe I can get the change done before the thunderstorms hit...
Old 08-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Vecna
6th Gear

The 500 mile oil change went successfully, as far as I can tell. The service manager had their more experienced techs do the work, so I'm grateful for that. Apparently I have completely destroyed the clear coat by hand washing it last weekend - this judgement came up when I inquired about paint protective film. One of their sales reps will call me tomorrow to give me a quote on the film they apply, I think it's the 3M product. I think the dealership is displeased I didn't buy the car from there, but what can you do.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:21 AM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by guido1205us

Also, I've yet to meet up with other Vette owners. I know there are couple of groups around here that go for drives. I usually meet up with my buddies at MOA Sat mornings and do the Wisconsin run through Prescott on 35. You're welcome to meet up with us sometime. Last weekend we ran into a group of Ferrari's, easily 10 million worth of cars probably from Chicago - fun times.

Any special route you take to or from Prescott? Need ideas for a fun scenic drive myself.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:54 AM
guido1205us
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMN
Any special route you take to or from Prescott? Need ideas for a fun scenic drive myself.
From MOA it's your boring 494 to 10. From where I am in the south in Rosemount, there are a bunch of new, freshly paved roads east of 52. I'll take 46/55 into Hastings and either hit Prescott or go South to Redwing to cross into Wis. I've been playing on the MN side now and it's just as fun.

Last edited by guido1205us; 09-01-2016 at 10:55 AM.
JonMN (09-01-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:59 PM
TRVette01
Advanced

Default RE: Best Dealer in Twin Cities for service?

If your interested in a specialty Corvette shop there's Kiss's in South St. Paul.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Dealer in Twin Cities for service?

Quick Reply: Best Dealer in Twin Cities for service?