Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Any One Around the Greater Milwaukee Area...

Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM
ErikR
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Any One Around the Greater Milwaukee Area...

...Recognize My Car?

Earlier this summer I bought a Velocity Yellow, 2007, convertible, 3lt, auto, Z51, with 36,000 miles on it. It was at a dealer in southern Minnesota. Carfax shows 2 previous owners, both in WI.

I was figuring out the nav system and there were a few stored locations around the Oconomowoc area. There was no indication of any previous owners names in the car or on any paperwork left behind. The only clue was the name "Debi" as driver 1 on the DIC upon start up.

The dealer removed a few stickers prior to my purchase. A "Harley-Davidson" sticker in the back window, and a Betty Boop sticker on the interior between the 2 seats (on the waterfall?). There was also some kind of very small sticker on the rear, above and between the left taillights. It might have been some sort of parking pass, apartment ID thing or previous dealer sticker, I'm not sure. It looked like a "B" inside a small shield. It was only visible in a dealer web site pic and was gone when I went to look at the car.

Here are a few pics...

At the dealer, the day of the test drive.

Dealer's web site pic I copied before buying. It shows the mysterious rear sticker and the H-D in the window.

I'm curious about my car's history. If anyone recognizes it, please feel free to PM me... I'd like to know more about my car

If you're curious about where your car went... It went to a good home.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:24 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

The decal on the rear cover between the tail lamps is the dealer sticker from the Boucher dealers. They do have a Chevrolet store.
http://www.boucherchevrolet.com/HomePage
Maybe a call to them with the vin # will verify if they sold the car new?
The following users liked this post:
ErikR (11-21-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 05:04 PM
nitrousgp
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not mine, but where in Wisconsin are you located? I'm just south of Milwaukee in Caledonia and am picking up my first Vette this Thursday in Atlanta.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:14 PM
ErikR
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm up around the Hayward area. I know the car is not from around here, I'm thinking it's from the Milwaukee/Waukesha area.

I'll email a few of the eastern WI Corvette clubs to see if anyone recognizes it.

Picking up your car in Atlanta? From Buyavette?

Get notified of new replies

To Any One Around the Greater Milwaukee Area...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any One Around the Greater Milwaukee Area...