Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Need feedback on Cincy XPEL installer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:50 AM
VH Vette
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Need feedback on Cincy XPEL installer

I need a little help please. I have been considering the install of the Xpel film on my new C7. In Cincinnati, I see an installer named Eclipse.
Any feedback on this installer would be appreciated. If you do not want to respond in the Forum I understand. If you PM me I will keep your info confidential.
I have just heard some horror stories about how some installers can really mess up this install.
Also, any input on where to put this on the Vette. I am considering the front and side rockers. See Pics.
For both of these areas I am guessing they would charge around $1100 bucks.
Also any feedback on installing this on a Black car. Is the Xpel any more or less noticeable?
I had a similar film on a Fleetwood motorhome that had some minor damage on it (damage to film only, so it did its job) and when I wanted to get it fixed they said they would have to reapply new film and that when they pulled the old film the paint would probably pull off with it. So the question is, has any needed to pull and replace the Xpel and were there any issues about the condition of the paint where it had been installed?
I really appreciate your feedback. By the way, I am not looking to bash this installer, my initial meeting with them was pretty good and I think they are legit.
VH
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

If you don't get an answer, try contacting Xpel (a forum vendor). They helped me validate that the installer I chose was well respected and didn't have issues.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

I've heard that Eclipse does good window tint installation. I'd swing by their shop to see if they can link you with a few customers (preferably Corvette owners) that has had their car covered with Xpel so that you can get feedback from the customer and hopefully see how good of a job they did.

Last edited by lakemg; 02-12-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:04 PM
RichinCincy
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

OP, I used a company in Fairfield called 'Clear Bra Ohio'. He did a good job, no issues, a little pricey, but the end result was good.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:02 PM
T.Thomas
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eastside auto spa does a nice job.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:35 AM
VH Vette
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out Eastside and Clear Bra. I will also reach out to Xpel, I am just not sure they will give me a good read on one of their installers.
The other part of my question was what areas did you get covered?
The front seems obvious to me but cannot decide on the Rockers.
How does the pricing seem of $699 on front and $399 on rockers?
VH
Old 02-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Moman01
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Invizashield in Milford 703-4235 24 Whitney Dr.If you have ever been to Horsepower farms cars and coffee he gives you a 10% discounts,he has done cars that have won Ault Park concours d'elagance

Get notified of new replies

To Need feedback on Cincy XPEL installer

Quick Reply: Need feedback on Cincy XPEL installer