Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix?

Guys, I'm running out of options to get my AC fixed once and for all. I have a 1982 Collector's Edition that is my baby. It is a garage queen and I admit it. (Geez, I sound like an alcoholic) I am VERY finicky about who works on my car. I don't want Bubba the mechanic leaning over my fender and scratching my car with his Peterbuilt belt buckle if you know what I mean.

I have had this car in twice to a shop that a member from the Michigan Corvette Club recommended, but they were unable to diagnose where the leak is coming from.

The AC worked fine at the begining of the season when I had it charged at the shop, but this spring, I have no AC. There is a slow leak somewhere. I had dye inserted but nothing could be seen. So this leak is in an inconspicuous place. Mechanically, everything is fine with the AC system, it just doesn't hold a charge.

Now, I read on this forum that Jack Cauley is a recommended dealership to take your Vette to. However, I have a Vette that is 21 years old. Has anyone taken their C3 to them to work on? If so, what was the experience like? Needless to say, I'm very nervous about turning my car over to a mechanic who was 5 years old when this car was made, if you get my drift.

I DREAD taking my car into the shop because the one single time I took it to Les Stanford to have a new battery put in, they put a gash over the wheel well on my brand new painted CE. That did not sit well with me.

I also want to add that I called up Jack Cauley and talked to the Service Manager Ted, who was extremely condescending, short and just plain rude. I rather aggressively pointed this fact out to him during the course of our conversation and at that point, he backed off. I wanted to call in advance to give them the heads up on what was done, that I am VERY particular on who works on this car, and that I wanted to talk to the mechanic before they begin any work. This way, they know up front what has already been done and did not fix the AC problem. For some reason, this logic didn't sit well with Ted until I pointed out the fact that he was being flat out rude and impatient.

So, that's my story and if anyone can give me direction on what I should do, or whether I should not bring in a car this old to Cauley's, please let me know. I want to get this fixed right so I dont' have to go through the stress of bringing my car into any dealership, period!

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2003, 02:27 PM
T1Kilr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix? (luvmy82)

I havent had any service work done there but I can say the shop foreman/manager offered to loan me one of their tools overnight when I was working on my window stops. I have been treated very well there altho some of the service advisors need to be SLAPPED really hard for ignorance.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:27 PM
c5freak
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix? (T1Kilr)

I've had my '99 in at Cauley for a nose repaint job. I thought they were top-notch at the body shop. As for the service dept, I know a few who deal with the dealership and think they are great.
I know how you are about your car, Suzanne, (we met at the Hines Drive run last fall) and I believe this dealer is probably going to satisfy your needs.
Good luck.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:39 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Re: Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix? (c5freak)

I've had my '99 in at Cauley for a nose repaint job. I thought they were top-notch at the body shop. As for the service dept, I know a few who deal with the dealership and think they are great.
I know how you are about your car, Suzanne, (we met at the Hines Drive run last fall) and I believe this dealer is probably going to satisfy your needs.
Good luck.

:iagree: Take it Cauley. Talk to Mike Kuss in service.

Get notified of new replies

To Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix?

Quick Reply: Jack Cauley Chev/Detroit- Anyone take their C3 in for them to fix?