Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Please Delete Account

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Kris Tunetso

Default Please Delete Account

I signed up here about 2 years ago when I thought I would be getting a Corvette. Never got the car, and such have no need for this forum. I dont want someone hacking this account and posting as me, so Im asking it to be deleted. Thank you.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Kris Tunetso
I signed up here about 2 years ago when I thought I would be getting a Corvette. Never got the car, and such have no need for this forum. I dont want someone hacking this account and posting as me, so Im asking it to be deleted. Thank you.
Please contact one of our admins here for assistance:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...e-request.html
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by Kris Tunetso
Account deleted per users request.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:20 AM
bluesmeister
Cruising

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse
Account deleted per users request.
I would apreciate my account be deleted as you did for this person. Thanks!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...esmeister.html
Old 02-02-2016, 01:39 PM
kmvp860am
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Please DELETE my account & my posts (if possible).

EDIT: I manually deleted out each of my many posts that I could other than the threads I started.

Thank you, Dan

Last edited by kmvp860am; 02-02-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:08 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum does not delete accounts or content. If you want your account locked, we can Ban the account noting voluntary.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 PM
kmvp860am
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
CorvetteForum does not delete accounts or content. If you want your account locked, we can Ban the account noting voluntary.
That would be great...please Ban the account (noting voluntary). Thanks for your help!

And bye
Old 01-03-2017, 01:16 PM
UMDSmith
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J T
Corvetteforum should delete accounts upon a user request, as banning does not remove history. Information posted here can easily be tied to a username and used in information discovery should you want to compromise an account.

I highly recommend adding an option to allow users to delete their own accounts. I know vbulletin by default has a delete option for admins.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:27 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a CorvetteForum policy. I'm very familiar with vBulletin software, having been involved for the past 15 years, and while it does give that option, you will find plenty of websites that don't allow the option and carry a policy similar to CorvetteForum.

In cases where requested, we can rename the username if there is a personal identity concern. Otherwise, someone compromising a banned account doesn't have a lot of attraction given a banned account doesn't have much functionality.

Like I said, this is a CorvetteForum policy. Each website may be different and it's up to the website to set the policies and terms.

Originally Posted by UMDSmith
Corvetteforum should delete accounts upon a user request, as banning does not remove history. Information posted here can easily be tied to a username and used in information discovery should you want to compromise an account.

I highly recommend adding an option to allow users to delete their own accounts. I know vbulletin by default has a delete option for admins.

Get notified of new replies

To Please Delete Account

Quick Reply: Please Delete Account