Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

What is ibsrv.net, ibpxl.com, jbrlsr.com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 AM
SRVVR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is ibsrv.net, ibpxl.com, jbrlsr.com?

To start, I did run some searches and came up with nothing, so I apologize if I did miss a post that has already referenced this.

I'm using Firefox, with several add-ons. One of these add-ons, which I highly recommend for the security conscious, is NoScript. You can read about the details via the link, but it's basic function is to show you exactly what "other" junk is being used by various websites.

In reference to https://www.corvetteforum.com/, when you visit the main page, you are actually visiting the following additional domains:

- doubleclick.net (advertising domain)
- ibsrv.net (unknown)
- ibpxl.com (unknown)
- jbrlsr.com (unknown)
- googlesyndication.com (front for Google's AdSense, advertising)

Using NoScript, none of the above domains, including corvetteforum.com, are able to load, so your first visit renders a page with little aesthetic appeal, but it also keeps crap from loading onto your computer. By allowing corvetteforum.com, you all of a sudden are shown a website that appears "normal" and is now usable. At this point, I end up forbidding the remaining domains from loading when I visit this site, or any other site, and continue on my merry way.

However, there are a few things that are problematic, not to the point of the site being unable to function, but there are certain things that don't work as expected.

1. Clicking on the Quick Reply button does nothing, but I am able to use the Quick Reply field to post.
2. Clicking on a Smiley does nothing, but I am still able to add smilies...
3. I do not receive a pop-up message for when I have a new PM, this is not controlled by the pop-up blocker within Firefox, which is set to allow all pop-ups from corvetteforum.com anyway.
4. Not sure of anything else at this point...

As you can tell, the problems are merely annoying and are not keeping me from functioning, but they are annoying enough I would like to rectify them. What I would like to know, specifically from those that technically support this board, but as well as from others who have encountered this, which of the three mentioned domains control the functions that I am missing? Likewise, of those domains that help increase functionality, what other "things" do they perform?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to provide some documentation for those that are interested.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
JBRideorDie
Intermediate

So, you use software that mangles what this website looks like to you, breaks it's functionality, and you want them to spend 5 minutes helping you with this?

I'd prefer IB techs spend their time on the issues affecting everyone, and not help you solve the issue you've created for yourself.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
To start, I did run some searches and came up with nothing, so I apologize if I did miss a post that has already referenced this.

I'm using Firefox, with several add-ons. One of these add-ons, which I highly recommend for the security conscious, is NoScript. You can read about the details via the link, but it's basic function is to show you exactly what "other" junk is being used by various websites.

In reference to https://www.corvetteforum.com/, when you visit the main page, you are actually visiting the following additional domains:

- doubleclick.net (advertising domain)
- ibsrv.net (unknown)
- ibpxl.com (unknown)
- jbrlsr.com (unknown)
- googlesyndication.com (front for Google's AdSense, advertising)

Using NoScript, none of the above domains, including corvetteforum.com, are able to load, so your first visit renders a page with little aesthetic appeal, but it also keeps crap from loading onto your computer. By allowing corvetteforum.com, you all of a sudden are shown a website that appears "normal" and is now usable. At this point, I end up forbidding the remaining domains from loading when I visit this site, or any other site, and continue on my merry way.

However, there are a few things that are problematic, not to the point of the site being unable to function, but there are certain things that don't work as expected.

1. Clicking on the Quick Reply button does nothing, but I am able to use the Quick Reply field to post.
2. Clicking on a Smiley does nothing, but I am still able to add smilies...
3. I do not receive a pop-up message for when I have a new PM, this is not controlled by the pop-up blocker within Firefox, which is set to allow all pop-ups from corvetteforum.com anyway.
4. Not sure of anything else at this point...

As you can tell, the problems are merely annoying and are not keeping me from functioning, but they are annoying enough I would like to rectify them. What I would like to know, specifically from those that technically support this board, but as well as from others who have encountered this, which of the three mentioned domains control the functions that I am missing? Likewise, of those domains that help increase functionality, what other "things" do they perform?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to provide some documentation for those that are interested.
the "ib" in the URL's most likely refer to Internet Brands and may be their servers that host some of the ads or forum features not included in vBulletin.

I believe Doubleclick.net is a domain that does nothing but host ads for companies that want to post advertisements on various websites. I see that in a number of forums. When I see "waiting for ads.doubleclick.net when a page is loading, that is most likely due to heavy traffic on that companies servers. But it does hold up loading CF pages on occasion.

I can use the Quick Reply box and submit a post with no problem. Enter the text, then hit the Quick Reply button is all that should be needed. But smilies are not available with Quick Reply, you have to use a Reply to Post button in a thread to insert smilies.

Pop-up notifications for PM's have been turned off for some time. Same with email notifications. It's been discussed here and I think the IB techs are working on these issues although it may not be a priority.

For problems like the smilies or the quick reply button, try logging off the CF and clearing your cookies. Then log back on to see it that helped.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
SRVVR
Burning Brakes

JBRideorDie: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your extraordinarily busy schedule to comment on this thread, what would this board do without you?

c4cruiser: Thank you for your reply, I did not search for any existing problems specific to the pop-up notifications, so my fault on that one.

I will try to find out more about the one remaining domain in question, jbrlsr.com.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the smilies aren't working, you need to enable ibsrv.net. Without it, the smilies won't work properly.

As noted said above, no matter what you do, the PM notification pop-up does not appear to work.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by J T
As noted said above, no matter what you do, the PM notification pop-up does not appear to work.
Pop-up notification doesn't work for me either. However the email notification does and the "Private Messages" notice in the upper right corner of the title page does.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 PM
JBRideorDie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
JBRideorDie: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your extraordinarily busy schedule to comment on this thread, what would this board do without you?
I'm not that busy, actually. Plenty of free time to give my 2 cents in your thread.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by JBRideorDie
I'm not that busy, actually. Plenty of free time to give my 2 cents in your thread.
Over-priced.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:08 PM
yellowfever13
Cruising

This thread is old as OPs *****, but I just wanted to post that OP is an idiot. You block ancillary sites from loading and then complain **** doesn't work? LOL

Get notified of new replies

To What is ibsrv.net, ibpxl.com, jbrlsr.com?

Quick Reply: What is ibsrv.net, ibpxl.com, jbrlsr.com?