Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

How to get to the main CF page

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Dadman1950
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get to the main CF page

How many people are aware that there is a main home page for Corvette Forum? Many members have the Forum Section of CF added to their "favorites" so when they sign on they go directly to the forums section by passing the main home page. But once inside the forum section if you wanted to get back to the main page to check out an article or something you can't - without signing out!!! At least if there is a way how to get back I am not aware of it nor are any members of my Corvette club - so they never visit the main home page! Here is a quote directly from a coordinator in the forum concerning this - I never look at our home page. Once you're a member here it's hard to get to the front page. Yo have to sign out to get to it. So i never go there!
Question is why isn't there a prominent link button back to the main home page at the top by the CF Task Bar? Many CF users I spoke to never evven knew there was a home page with articles etc! All other forums I am aware of has a link to thier home page because of the importance and also because it usually is a draw for sponsors. You would never know there is a main home page with the latest Corvette news etc because as far as I am aware there is no way to get from the the forums back to the home page without signing out and resigning in!!!!!!!! This is an absolute joke so many members get their "Corvette News" elsewhere!!!! Why is there no way to get from here to the main page???? My guess is it is another issue of the cost of fixing the home page. If CF doesn't care enough about getting members to read the main page then so be it - it is their loss!
If anyone knows if there is some hidden secret way to get back to the main page once you are in the forums section will you please post it? Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the bottom, in the footer, is a link to the homepage. It's labeled "Corvette Forum Home Page" and links to the following:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/

I don't believe there is any such link at the top. Understand that the top section is sort of well-populated with other links as it is and so it's not easy to just drop another in there.

That said, I believe there has been some effort to clean up the links.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

thanks for responding and maybe I'm blind but I just looked for it and could not find it.
are you sure
this is all i have Advertise Here - Contact Us - Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum - Archive - Top

if this is the case don't you think it should be more prominent.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

ive searched at the bottom of this page and the bottom of the main forum page and can't find it. when you say in the footer what else is there so i can make sure i am looking in the right spot.
thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look to the right where you will see:

"Advertise Here" - "Contact Us" - "Corvette Forum Home Page"- "Archive" -"Top" They are all in white letters and are hyperlinks.

These links appear on every page.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

i see it now. i swear it wasn't there before. i might be crazy!!!! thanks a lot i appreciate it. when i posted what i saw before i copied and pasted and that was not there then. see my prior post. but i see it now thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 AM
RandelB
Pro

Received 580 Likes on 245 Posts

Default Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum

When I page ALL the way to the footer, mine says "Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum".
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Dadman1950
Racer

Originally Posted by RandelB
When I page ALL the way to the footer, mine says "Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum".
That is what mine said originally! Then CF Home page appeared. I think JT fixed it for me. now mine says Home page.

So JT - Why do some members have the Discussion Forum instead of the home page and don't you think everyone should have home page?????
Old 12-30-2012, 02:44 PM
J T
IB Staff

The issue appears to be that the style/theme is slightly different. The C6 theme, for example, shows "Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum". Other style/themes show "Corvette Forum Home Page". Even though the wording is different, they still link to the home page.

I didn't change anything, but will fix this to show the same wording/term once I know which wording/term should be used.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Originally Posted by J T
The issue appears to be that the style/theme is slightly different. The C6 theme, for example, shows "Corvette Enthusiast Discussion Forum". Other style/themes show "Corvette Forum Home Page". Even though the wording is different, they still link to the home page.

I didn't change anything, but will fix this to show the same wording/term once I know which wording/term should be used.
JT when i had the C6 theme and the Discussion Forum that did not link me to the CF home page. It did nothing at all. It left me in the forums. Besides if we are in the forums and seeing this what is it necessary for? Check with john Coyle the editor of the home page and he will tell you it should say home page. Since probably most members want to get to the home page it should say home page. Just my 2 cents worth. Funny how just accidentally I wnt in and changed the theme to the C5 not knowing that it would change the home page link.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
J T
IB Staff

I've fixed the footer link for the C6 theme. That's the only theme that needed updated.

Get notified of new replies

To How to get to the main CF page

Quick Reply: How to get to the main CF page