Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

problem sending a PM

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:13 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default problem sending a PM

after 4 out of 5 attempts failed loging in I tried returning a PM I got, click the send button and I am told I have to wait 19 seconds, except that was my first attempt at returning the PM.....
Old 08-20-2014, 04:13 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you try it again after 19 seconds?

Originally Posted by redvetracr
after 4 out of 5 attempts failed loging in I tried returning a PM I got, click the send button and I am told I have to wait 19 seconds, except that was my first attempt at returning the PM.....
Old 08-20-2014, 06:51 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

yea, it took three tries. I just tried to login again...that took three tries also, my name and password show up and when I hit the login it tells me my name or password is invalid and that I have used 1 in 5 tries to login.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:30 PM
J T
IB Staff

If you're receiving an invalid username or password message, which is different from any PM issue, then simply put you're entering in the wrong password and/or username. The system does not make that type of mistake.

Passwords are CaSe sensitive. Also, make sure you're trying to log into corvetteforum and not corvetteforums as the two, despite being owned by the same parent company, do not share the same database. The latter has been a popular reason for members having login problems despite using their correct credentials - just not for the correct website.

Do you not use the Remember Me option so that you don't have to enter your username and password?

yea, it took three tries. I just tried to login again...that took three tries also, my name and password show up and when I hit the login it tells me my name or password is invalid and that I have used 1 in 5 tries to login.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

I have only been a member here for FIFTEEN YEARS I think I know how to login to this forum. BTW of all the forums I use this is the ONLY ONE I constantly have problems with!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
J T
IB Staff

I understand that you have been a member for 15 years. I've been working with the vBulletin software for about as long. To be upfront, length of time doing something does not exclude human error! I have made mistakes with the software despite 15 years of working with it. I have never seen any case that has shown proof where the system rejects the inputted username and/or password by mistake. Certainly not rejecting it on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd try and then suddenly changing its mind and letting you in!

The PM error issue is definitely possible and will, depending upon some conditions, occur from time to time. But the not being able to log in using the same credentials on the 1st and subsequent tries before suddenly accepting the inputted username and password issue is different and not exactly possible. Either the username and password being provided is not correct, the system is actually logging you in but then you're immediately getting logged (that is a cookie issue with your browser), or there's possibly an issue with the browser passing on the information to the server - which I find extremely unlikely.

I have only been a member here for FIFTEEN YEARS I think I know how to login to this forum. BTW of all the forums I use this is the ONLY ONE I constantly have problems with!

Get notified of new replies

To problem sending a PM

Quick Reply: problem sending a PM