Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Forum Screen Too Large

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Forum Screen Too Large

Why is the forum screen showing up way too large for my computer screen? It looks like I'm missing the edges of threads. No other site does this except this one.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:21 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Shylor
Why is the forum screen showing up way too large for my computer screen? It looks like I'm missing the edges of threads. No other site does this except this one.
Is it the welcome page, or is it a thread with somebody's car pictured?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We need more information to help. What screen resolution are you using, is it all or specific threads, only threads with pictures, are you using the browser's Zoom feature, etc., will help. A screen capture would also be of help.

Some of the above, which some are dependent on your local machine, are factors in how the forum (or any website for that matter) may display.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

I'm using a 2010 Macbook Pro and it looks like 1280 x 800 is the max resolution for this computer.

Every page on the Corvette Forum seems to cut off the sides as if the pages are too big for my screen. This doesn't happen on other forums I visit, they fit perfectly within my display, just not this one.

Last edited by Shylor; 08-24-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Please post a screen capture and make sure to note exactly what resolution you're using. I'm running 1280 x 800 and it fits fine without the horizontal scroll bar so something may be off with your setup. As previously mentioned, some settings - such as a browser's Zoom - can change the appearance of the website and can also be specific to a given website.

I'm using a 2010 Macbook Pro and it looks like 1280 x 800 is the max resolution for this computer.

Every page on the Corvette Forum seems to cut off the sides as if the pages are too big for my screen. This doesn't happen on other forums I visit, they fit perfectly within my display, just not this one.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

I can pinch using the trackpad and get the screen to fit but when I let go it goes back to what it was.

But now it seems to only be doing it on forum pages that have member pictures in them.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

Go to UserCP: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/usercp.php
Go to Edit Options: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/prof...do=editoptions

Scroll down to The Image Resizer and make sure the values, specifically Image width, is set below your screen resolution. No value there means anything larger than 1024 will be resized. If you have 1280 screen resolution, then this should not be an issue.

Are you sure about your screen resolution? Because using 1280 should not be an issue unless the Image Resizer is not working, due to using 3rd party software, or you have a higher value there than your screen resolution.

I can pinch using the trackpad and get the screen to fit but when I let go it goes back to what it was.

But now it seems to only be doing it on forum pages that have member pictures in them.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

I'm positive my screen resolution is 1280 x 800. This is very odd, because as I said before, this issue only happens on this forum.

Last edited by Shylor; 08-24-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:15 PM
J T
IB Staff

It's always only CorvetteForum

A screen capture would help. If it's only threads with member pictures, as you said, then using the Image Resizer as outlined above would fix that - unless you're running something that is blocking the script from working correctly or have wrong values in there.

At this point, without further information, there isn't a lot we can do.

I'm positive my screen resolution is 1280 x 800. This is very odd, because as I said before, this issue only happens on this forum.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

I just went to another forum site and noticed that any pictures say they were resized from the original to fit the screen properly. I just need to figure out how to do that for this forum.

Don't know what I could be running that would be blocking the script to auto size them on this site.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

The pictures are not automatically resizing and I can't seem to fix it. This is annoying!

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Screen Too Large

Quick Reply: Forum Screen Too Large