Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Upload failed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Default Upload failed

Been uploading files for years...now failed and different .jpg pics?

I can click on the Insert Image nothing happens. If I go to Manage Attachments>Browse>select a file>upload..."Upload of file failed.". The files are about 200k in jpg format.

Both in IE and Chrome!

NOTE: I am able to upload these same files at Stingrayforums.com ok

Deleted a bunch of files uploaded to reduce from ~6megs....but same.

Help!

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 08-27-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Insert Image method using the still appears to work as shown:

If that method does not work, then you may be using some 3rd party plugin or security software that is not allowing the script to load. That method works on all major browsers. It will not work on XP machines.

Regarding the Manage Attachments, there does appear to be an issue there. We will investigate that.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:58 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Thanks....Insert Image will not work here. ...dead link. Nor manage Attachments.
Security software is Norton and has been in use for several years.
Uploads work elsewhere as mentioned, and worked here also, so baffled. The insert image also works on the other site, so seems specific to this site.

No plugins added recently. Popup blocker is off.
Will keep checking, but not certain what to do at this point. Win7 64bit.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 08-28-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 AM
J T
IB Staff

The Insert Image should not be a dead link. It may take a few seconds to load but it works with all major browsers.

As far as Uploads work elsewhere, the Insert Image function on CorvetteForum, and a growing number of other Internet Brands owned websites, is completely different from other vBulletin-based forums. The Insert Image function here was completely overhauled to make uploading pictures easier through a drag-and-drop method as ease of uploading pictures was a common source of feedback.

Since it works on all major browsers, there must be something different with your setup or settings. Norton, in particular, as some here have also stated, is not the best at allowing people to use their own computer without it breaking functions or slowing down their computer. The Insert Image function most definately works on Windows 7 64-bit with Chrome, IE and Firefox. I know that personally!

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Thanks....Insert Image will not work here. ...dead link. Nor manage Attachments.
Security software is Norton and has been in use for several years.
Uploads work elsewhere as mentioned, and worked here also, so baffled.
No plugins added recently.
Will keep checking, but not certain what to do at this point. Win7 64bit.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:36 PM
J T
IB Staff

The legacy Attachment function (Manage Attachments) has been fixed.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Lets see if it works..............

btw, the "insert image" still does not work? I never really tried it before, but the Manage Attachments is what I always used and now it is working again.
Thanks!!!

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 PM
J T
IB Staff

Bob, the "Insert Image" works on all major browsers. It worked and still works for me and we use the same setup.

The issue with the Attachments not working was a different issue involving write access to the server.

Like I said, CorvetteForum (and a growing number of other Internet Brands owned websites) is using an overhauled Attachment system when you do the "Insert Image" method while the "Manage Attachments" is using the legacy system that any other vBulletin-based website uses.

If the "Insert Image" does not work, then you have something different or custom on your computer that is interfering with it from working. It is difficult to support those types of setups. All I can say is that it works on all major browsers with normal settings, it is working for me, and activity on the forum suggests it's working for others as well. My only suggestion at this moment is that it's possible your Norton software may be causing the issue.

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Lets see if it works..............

btw, the "insert image" still does not work? I never really tried it before, but the Manage Attachments is what I always used and now it is working again.
Thanks!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
Bob, the "Insert Image" works on all major browsers. It worked and still works for me and we use the same setup.

The issue with the Attachments not working was a different issue involving write access to the server.

Like I said, CorvetteForum (and a growing number of other Internet Brands owned websites) is using an overhauled Attachment system when you do the "Insert Image" method while the "Manage Attachments" is using the legacy system that any other vBulletin-based website uses.

If the "Insert Image" does not work, then you have something different or custom on your computer that is interfering with it from working. It is difficult to support those types of setups. All I can say is that it works on all major browsers with normal settings, it is working for me, and activity on the forum suggests it's working for others as well. My only suggestion at this moment is that it's possible your Norton software may be causing the issue.

The Insert Image is now working on my IE11!
Didn't do a thing here...thanks for fixing.

Get notified of new replies

To Upload failed

Quick Reply: Upload failed