Trouble Loading Photos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Trouble Loading Photos?

I've been posting for a while now, but recently (I mean like within the week) I'm having trouble posting photos. Anybody else?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:37 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In order to assist, we need more information. What exactly is occurring (not occurring) and what are the error messages?

Originally Posted by Kerouac
I've been posting for a while now, but recently (I mean like within the week) I'm having trouble posting photos. Anybody else?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:23 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

going to jump in here, haven't been able to upload today either.....error message 101 ..something about the url.... my pics are all on aol...never had a problem before....
Old 09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
J T
IB Staff

I don't think error 101 is a valid error. In order to assist, we need some information.

I'm assuming the picture is hosted by AOL? In that case, unless you want CorvetteForum to also host the picture, you should not need to upload them to CorvetteForum but instead just hotlink them by copying and pasting the URL to the image inside a post.

Originally Posted by playsdixie
going to jump in here, haven't been able to upload today either.....error message 101 ..something about the url.... my pics are all on aol...never had a problem before....
Old 09-02-2014, 02:48 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...anageattach&p= this is the message I get.....been using the manage attatchment button and then uploading pics from aol...never any problem until now....
Old 09-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I have always followed the same procedure to post photos. After typing the text, I click on the "insert image" icon. A screen comes up and asks if I want to "Browse My Computer." I click on that, and then my Finder screen comes up (I use an Apple Computer). I find the jpg image on my computer and click it. Then I click "insert." The screen then shows the progress of the upload -- it counts up from 10%. It gets to 99%, and then a box appears that something like: "Notice: image could not be uploaded." I have posted score of pictures this way, but the last few days all attempts have failed in the way I just described. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 PM
J T
IB Staff

Are you using the Upload File from a URL option? Looks to work OK for me.

The link you provided doesn't make sense to help what and where your issue is as that is part of the Attachment system. I'd try another browser and/or clear your temporary internet files.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...anageattach&p= this is the message I get.....been using the manage attatchment button and then uploading pics from aol...never any problem until now....
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 PM
J T
IB Staff

What size are the files?

I have tried several times and all uploads are successful.

Test

I have always followed the same procedure to post photos. After typing the text, I click on the "insert image" icon. A screen comes up and asks if I want to "Browse My Computer." I click on that, and then my Finder screen comes up (I use an Apple Computer). I find the jpg image on my computer and click it. Then I click "insert." The screen then shows the progress of the upload -- it counts up from 10%. It gets to 99%, and then a box appears that something like: "Notice: image could not be uploaded." I have posted score of pictures this way, but the last few days all attempts have failed in the way I just described. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J T
What size are the files?

I have tried several times and all uploads are successful.

Test
I am assuming they are the same size as my previously successful uploads, as I am not doing anything different. I will try to insert one here.
Same drill. I'm flummoxed.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I am assuming they are the same size as my previously successful uploads, as I am not doing anything different. I will try to insert one here.
Same drill. I'm flummoxed.
I see that the file is larger, so maybe that is the issue. Don't know how to reduce it. Thanks, though.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I was just able to upload a photo, but I had to use the "get attachment" icon. When I tried to use the "insert image" icon it failed again. I guess I use this way from now on. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

trying the "insert image".....occasionally it goes to 99%...usually give the connection or time out error...very quickly...what's up??
Old 09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
J T
IB Staff

I'm not aware of any issue preventing the service from working at all. I have been able to use the service today without issue. If the issue continues for you, I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache (temporary internet files) and also check the file size you're trying to upload.

trying the "insert image".....occasionally it goes to 99%...usually give the connection or time out error...very quickly...what's up??
Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 PM
J T
IB Staff

File sizes of pictures can vary despite being from the same camera. Today's cameras can take large pictures and also store them without compression or low compression to create very large pictures. Nearly every website has some sort of limit on allowed file sizes. If your images are too large, you will need to either use a program to resize them or (not as good of a solution) reduce the resolution or increase the compression of pictures that your camera takes.

I see that the file is larger, so maybe that is the issue. Don't know how to reduce it. Thanks, though.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J T
File sizes of pictures can vary despite being from the same camera. Today's cameras can take large pictures and also store them without compression or low compression to create very large pictures. Nearly every website has some sort of limit on allowed file sizes. If your images are too large, you will need to either use a program to resize them or (not as good of a solution) reduce the resolution or increase the compression of pictures that your camera takes.
Appreciate all the help. Looks like we figured it out. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Trouble Loading Photos?

Quick Reply: Trouble Loading Photos?