Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Log On

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

Default Log On

I would stay logged on when visiting this web site with my iPad or iPhone now I have to log on each time I visit this site ......the only way to avoid all the annoying ads & pop ups is to log on........Why the log off change?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:17 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The issue you describe is caused by your browser and/or security settings - it is not CorvetteForum's server or settings.

If you're continuously getting logged out, it is one or more of the following:

1) Corrupt browser cookie. From time to time this may happen to any one website at a given time since most websites use several, individual, cookies. You will need to delete all CorvetteForum cookies. Logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Some browsers allow you to singly delete cookies while others require you delete them all - even for other websites.

2) You are not using the the Remember Me option when logging in. Next login, make sure to use the Remember Me option when you log in.

3) Your browser is deleting cookies when you exist. You will need to adjust your browser's settings.

4) You use a 3rd party security software that is deleting browser cookies.

5) You are logging out using the log out link.

Originally Posted by Sunset-C6
I would stay logged on when visiting this web site with my iPad or iPhone now I have to log on each time I visit this site ......the only way to avoid all the annoying ads & pop ups is to log on........Why the log off change?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 AM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Same thing happening to me and a LOT of others as well. Every time I leave the forum, I have to log in again when I come back. That sucks, and there's nothing changed in MY system.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
The issue you describe is caused by your browser and/or security settings - it is not CorvetteForum's server or settings.

If you're continuously getting logged out, it is one or more of the following:

1) Corrupt browser cookie. From time to time this may happen to any one website at a given time since most websites use several, individual, cookies. You will need to delete all CorvetteForum cookies. Logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Some browsers allow you to singly delete cookies while others require you delete them all - even for other websites.

2) You are not using the the Remember Me option when logging in. Next login, make sure to use the Remember Me option when you log in.

3) Your browser is deleting cookies when you exist. You will need to adjust your browser's settings.

4) You use a 3rd party security software that is deleting browser cookies.

5) You are logging out using the log out link.
I did not make any changes to my device, it's this web site that made changes.....dat not right.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I did not make any changes to my device, it's this web site that made changes.....dat not right.
+1

Same problem as the OP, and I have not made any changes to my computers.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
J T
IB Staff

CorvetteForum did not make any change to the login. While it is correct that CorvetteForum did an upgrade which logged a lot of members out, it was not a change to the login itself. You need to delete the CorvetteForum cookies and log back in using the Remember Me feature.

Again, if you want to fix the issue, you need to follow the outline I made above. It will work if followed. If you don't follow it, you will continue to have the problem until you accidentally or intentionally, directly or indirectly, delete all your browser cookies.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
CorvetteForum did not make any change to the login. While it is correct that CorvetteForum did an upgrade which logged a lot of members out, it was not a change to the login itself. You need to delete the CorvetteForum cookies and log back in using the Remember Me feature.

Again, if you want to fix the issue, you need to follow the outline I made above. It will work if followed. If you don't follow it, you will continue to have the problem until you accidentally or intentionally, directly or indirectly, delete all your browser cookies.
It appears I'm not the only one, highly unlikely that all of us made any/same changes to are device.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:33 AM
J T
IB Staff

I have tried to explain the issue and have presented information to fix the issue to those who want to fix the issue and move on.

CorvetteForum did not make any change to the way the login feature works. When CorvetteForum did an upgrade, it logged out members. This has caused some members to have issues staying logged in because of a corrupt browser cookie. Corrupt browser cookies happen from time to time to any website. Because a given website may use several cookies, the issue is usually confined to one website at a time.

As I've said before, if you want to fix the issue you will need to follow the outline I made above to include deleting all CorvetteForum cookies. Logging out, manually, will not delete the cookies. Using the browser's script to delete cookies may not work if you have CorvetteForum bookmarked and don't unselected the preserve favorites data option.

Do you want to fix the issue? If so, follow the outline I made above to include deleting all of CorvetteForum cookies. You'll note it's item number 1 on my outline "Corrupt browser cookie." While CorvetteForum's upgrade may have caused the corrupt browser cookie, CorvetteForum did not make any change to the login itself as CorvetteForum is not purposely forcing people to always supply their username and password.

It appears I'm not the only one, highly unlikely that all of us made any/same changes to are device.

Get notified of new replies

To Log On

Quick Reply: Log On