Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

"ADOBE" flash player being linked on CF - why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:35 AM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Default "ADOBE" flash player being linked on CF - why?

Hi mods,

I just finished rebuilding my computer after some horrible malware advertising software was installed...was easier to redo the whole thing than try to fix this mess. I didn't realize where it came from until I just came back here...you have this link coming when clicking on random CF pages:

http://premiumvideoupdating.be/f3/7c...&source=mbs-f3

This is junk software, and even though it says it's Adobe software on the top, it clearly says they aren't affiliated with Adobe in the fine print. This software will slow your web down to a crawl, playing videos and inserting them into every web view. It messes up form submissions, etc. Is this being done on purpose for advertising dollars? If so, I highly recommend using more reputable firms...
Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Default Where are the Moderators?

Originally Posted by PaceThis
Hi mods,

I just finished rebuilding my computer after some horrible malware advertising software was installed...was easier to redo the whole thing than try to fix this mess. I didn't realize where it came from until I just came back here...you have this link coming when clicking on random CF pages:

This is junk software, and even though it says it's Adobe software on the top, it clearly says they aren't affiliated with Adobe in the fine print. This software will slow your web down to a crawl, playing videos and inserting them into every web view. It messes up form submissions, etc. Is this being done on purpose for advertising dollars? If so, I highly recommend using more reputable firms...
Multiple people starting threads on this - it's not coming from our computers, it is this site!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The issue is being investigated. Members have reported the issue in the following thread:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-flash.html

I think it is best to keep all the information in one thread rather than having multiple threads with all information spread across different threads.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by PaceThis
Hi mods,

Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 PM
TonyC6Go
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get a lot of these pop-up malware messages from the "Photo Gallery - View More - Upload Your Photos" area when you first log into the Forum. This section is where you see thumbnails of "members" and their albums. Different ones are ok, while others will cause a huge pop up page telling you to download "Adobe", or your IE is not the latest and to install all other things which not legitimate and are malware programs.

I just got one of these from one of those "Members", but when I went back to the home page, that Member was gone from the "Photo Gallery - View More - Upload Your Photos" area. This randomly changes each time you come into the site.

Get notified of new replies

To "ADOBE" flash player being linked on CF - why?

Quick Reply: "ADOBE" flash player being linked on CF - why?