Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Where did my photo album go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:09 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,167 Likes on 486 Posts

Default Where did my photo album go?

All of a sudden my Corvette Forum gallery is gone and I have no photos. What gives?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have the following photos in the following section (which is no longer active but still readable):
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p?ppuser=14790

If you had another Album, were they private photos?

Originally Posted by toddalin
All of a sudden my Corvette Forum gallery is gone and I have no photos. What gives?
Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
You have the following photos in the following section (which is no longer active but still readable):
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p?ppuser=14790

If you had another Album, were they private photos?
That is the gallery. But for some reason I can no longer access it. When I follow your link, I get to it, but also get the following message:

"This gallery is no longer active. Please click here for our new photo galleries!"
Old 09-16-2014, 01:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

That message is valid. That gallery, which was powered by a 3rd party software, has been discontinued in favor of the new galleries.

While you won't be able to update the content there, the files are still there and readable. I can view the contents using a normal account and so you should see the contents there as well.

That is the gallery. But for some reason I can no longer access it. When I follow your link, I get to it, but also get the following message:

"This gallery is no longer active. Please click here for our new photo galleries!"
Old 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
That message is valid. That gallery, which was powered by a 3rd party software, has been discontinued in favor of the new galleries.

While you won't be able to update the content there, the files are still there and readable. I can view the contents using a normal account and so you should see the contents there as well.
Yes the photos are still there when I use your link. BUT, I cannot access them using "Other" then "Members Galleries" then "My Photos" because when it gets to "Members Galleries" I don't get anything below the red bar and at that point "Other" goes no where.

So if I want to access my pictures, the only way I can now do it is to bookmark your link and use that.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
J T
IB Staff

We'll take a look now that we have more information. That said, the software is not fully compatible so it may not work. That was one reason why to discontinue the product. The other reason is, besides security with less 3rd party apps, is that the new Gallery can be used to host the same photos.

The link I provided to you is the link located in your postbit - which is the area displayed to the left of each of your posts. It is the link "My Corvette Photos" under the username.

Yes the photos are still there when I use your link. BUT, I cannot access them using "Other" then "Members Galleries" then "My Photos" because when it gets to "Members Galleries" I don't get anything below the red bar and at that point "Other" goes no where.

So if I want to access my pictures, the only way I can now do it is to bookmark your link and use that.

Get notified of new replies

To Where did my photo album go?

Quick Reply: Where did my photo album go?