Keeps logging off!!! Argh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Keeps logging off!!! Argh!!!

You seem to have recently made a change to log people off after some time of inactivity. I sometimes take an hour to research and create a reply that is edited down to the essentials instead of my steam of conscience writing style. When I finally get ready to post it comes back and says I'm not logged on and there is no way to get back to what I had taken all that time to write.

This is TOTALLY unacceptable! I can't be bothered researching correct replies if they are just going to be thrown away because it took longer than just throwing out the first thing I think of whether it is right or wrong. Quick responses are most often not good responses.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:48 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have checked the settings and there has been no change. The timeout session is 30 minutes to determine if you're active or not. That has been the same for years. Additionally, that setting will not log you out of your account to require you supply your username and password as there is no setting on CF's end that can do that.

You have a browser cookie issue or you're not using the Remember Me when you log in. Try removing all CorvetteForum cookies. Manually logging out is not enough. If you decide to clear all your cookies using your browser's built-in script, and if CorvetteForum is marked as a favorite/bookmark, then you'll need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data or the process won't work.

Quick Reply: Keeps logging off!!! Argh!!!