Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

I keep getting "logged off"

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Default I keep getting "logged off"

Last couple of days, I log in, as usual, read a few threads, post on one or two, then I'll try to post in another, and I get the error message telling me I'm not logged in.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:22 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These issues are usually due to a corrupt browser cookie. If it was on the server side, nearly every single member would have the issue.

You have a browser cookie issue or you're not using the Remember Me when you log in. Try removing all CorvetteForum cookies. Manually logging out is not enough. If you decide to clear all your cookies using your browser's built-in script, and if CorvetteForum is marked as a favorite/bookmark, then you'll need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data or the process won't work.

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Last couple of days, I log in, as usual, read a few threads, post on one or two, then I'll try to post in another, and I get the error message telling me I'm not logged in.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-13-2014, 05:28 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
These issues are usually due to a corrupt browser cookie. If it was on the server side, nearly every single member would have the issue.

You have a browser cookie issue or you're not using the Remember Me when you log in. Try removing all CorvetteForum cookies. Manually logging out is not enough. If you decide to clear all your cookies using your browser's built-in script, and if CorvetteForum is marked as a favorite/bookmark, then you'll need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data or the process won't work.
JT, I seldom, if ever, use the "remember me" at log-in. Been doing it that way for the last 10 years. The rest of the remedies that you recommended are "foreign" to me. I hate to admit it, but there are just certain functions of the computer that I don't understand....

Get notified of new replies

To I keep getting "logged off"

Quick Reply: I keep getting "logged off"