Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

google has my email tied to real name/username?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default google has my email tied to real name/username?

Was googling my email and now sites I have posted on shows the correlation think it happened from another site.
How can undo that here..username is fine email showing not
Any way to accomplish this?
Apparently google says I need to contact webmaster of ea site and request? Its an old business name I no longer use/have and has my email/personal name tied if that helps
Thanks

Or does everything in my history have to be deleted, create new username etc etc. Please advise
Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We'd need the specifics. That said, we don't control how Google works and we don't directly control how they display information. Google can only display information that you have submitted or posted online. In other words, if you don't want something online then it is best to not post it online.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:54 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks

I never posted it (my name online ever) . it happened from a personal profile that I requested to not let it show on their CP and privacy options.
Trying to find a solution.
Any other tips Id appreciate
Old 10-24-2014, 11:10 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason why Google says you need to contact the webmaster of the website is because the information that Google has in their search comes from the website. Deleting it from Google won't delete it from the website.

Unless you provided and publicly posted your information here on CorvetteForum, CorvetteForum cannot help you. You need to contact the websites that have your personal information posted. The only thing we may be able to do is change your username, however, that won't resolve the root issue of your personal information being posted somewhere online and indexed by Google. You need to work with the website that has your personal information publicly posted for Google to have indexed it.

Get notified of new replies

To google has my email tied to real name/username?

Quick Reply: google has my email tied to real name/username?