Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

YT videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:48 PM
ThePirate
Race Director

Location: Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default YT videos

Why can't we open youtube videos to full screen from inside CFOT? All other4 sites I'm on allow it. There must be a setting that could be changed in website. Now if someone posts a YT video, I have to go to YT to see it expanded.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:28 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a test YouTube video and Full Screen option is present and does work.

This is a screen capture showing the Full Screen option is present and works for the above video.

Show me a specific example where this is not working and I will look at it.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:55 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

In this OT thread:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-50-is-ok.html

you can start the YT video and when you click on the full screen icon (to the right of the YouTube icon) nothing happens. You have to go to YouTube and then use the full screen button.

I have seen this in a number of threads where a YT video is posted and the full screen button doesn't work. But yet, some do. Is it how a YouTube link is inserted into a thread? There is a YT icon in the reply message box but do some people simply use a copy/paste of a YouTube URL?
Old 10-26-2014, 08:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be the old code. Your example used the old code of simply pasting the YouTube video ID inside a set of YT tags. That is old code and probably isn't discontinued since it would break a lot of videos. I edited the post using the new code - simply copying and pasting the full URL and let CorvetteForum's software automatically embed the video and then the Full Screen option worked.

Atleast that is my thought based on your example and mine (which my was posted using the updated code - simply copying and pasting the full URL).

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
In this OT thread:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-50-is-ok.html

you can start the YT video and when you click on the full screen icon (to the right of the YouTube icon) nothing happens. You have to go to YouTube and then use the full screen button.

I have seen this in a number of threads where a YT video is posted and the full screen button doesn't work. But yet, some do. Is it how a YouTube link is inserted into a thread? There is a YT icon in the reply message box but do some people simply use a copy/paste of a YouTube URL?
Old 10-28-2014, 10:41 AM
ThePirate
Race Director

Location: Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I still use the old system, inserting the YT /YT tags. Maybe that's why it didn't work. I didn't know about the new way to do it. I'll try that in future. Maybe this should be a thread in OT.

Thanks for the info. It works like you said, and like I like.

Last edited by ThePirate; 10-28-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To YT videos

Quick Reply: YT videos