Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Why do I keep getting looged out of CF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:08 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Why do I keep getting looged out of CF?

Every 20 minutes or so I need to log back in. It's been like this for a couple weeks now. Before I was always logged in.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:09 PM
427 Z
Tijuana Event Coordinator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
NCM Sinkhole Donor

which Mod did you **** off?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:17 PM
neece
Team Owner

Received 157 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

You got da aids.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
tomc8at
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup
Old 01-19-2015, 12:20 PM
JetMechZ16
Race Director

Received 146 Likes on 30 Posts

CF doesn't like you. Never learned to take a hint?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Maybe try the help forum
Old 01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 427 Z
which Mod did you **** off?
I guess all of them.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
gltrap54
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yuup! I have the same problem.............
Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Well, I found this:

Originally Posted by J T
If you're continuously getting logged out, you have a corrupt CorvetteForum cookie in your browser, you're clearing all your browser's cookies as maintenance or optional when closing the browser, or you're simply logging out yourself.

The issue is usually the corrupt cookie.

You will need to remove all CorvetteForum cookies. Note that logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Some browsers allow you to singly delete cookies while others require you delete them all - even for other websites. After clearing all CorvetteForum cookies, revisit the website, make sure to use the Remember Me option when you log in.
Now I need to find out how to delete cookies.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:27 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is it. You either have a corrupt browser cookie for CorvetteForum or you're manually or automatically deleting cookies.

Sorry to ruin the fun, but no staff has the ability to terminate your session.

Originally Posted by bashcraft
Well, I found this:

Old 01-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by bashcraft
Well, I found this:

If you're using Firefox:
Tools
Options
Privacy

If you're using Internet Explorer:
Tools
Internet Options
General
Old 01-19-2015, 04:46 PM
J T
IB Staff

If using Firefox, continue on to click on Show Cookies, type in corvetteforum in the search, select all cookies and then use the Remove Cookies button. No need to remove all cookies for all websites - just only CorvetteForum.

If using IE, it is not that simple unless you browse to the directory containing the cookies and then search for CorvetteForum's cookies.

If using IE and you opt to delete all cookies and if CorvetteForum is bookmarked as a favorite, you must remove the check next to the Preserve Websites Favorite Data or the process won't work.

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
If you're using Firefox:
Tools
Options
Privacy

If you're using Internet Explorer:
Tools
Internet Options
General
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 AM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by gltrap54
Yuup! I have the same problem.............

Most every time I post I have to login, unless posts are submitted within a couple minutes of eachother.

I think something changed and this automatic logoff is annoying. What is the timeout set to?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:41 AM
J T
IB Staff

The timeout is set to 30 minutes. That has not changed in years. The timeout is irrelevant if you're using the Remember Me option that is cookie based. If you don't use the Remember Me option then you have a session that expires after 30 minutes of inactivity to require you log back in. That also hasn't changed in years.

None of the those settings have changed in years. From time to time maintenance can clear session/cookies but those are replaced when you log back into CorvetteForum and use the Remember Me option.

If you're continuously getting logged out despite using the Remember Me option, your browser or 3rd party security software is either deleting cookies or you may have a corrupt browser cookie for CorvetteForum. In the latter case you'll need to delete all CorvetteForum cookies as you may have a corrupt cookie. Logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Some browsers allow you to singly delete cookies while others require you delete them all - even for other websites. After clearing all CorvetteForum cookies, revisit the website, make sure to use the Remember Me option and log in.

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop

Most every time I post I have to login, unless posts are submitted within a couple minutes of eachother.

I think something changed and this automatic logoff is annoying. What is the timeout set to?
Old 01-30-2015, 11:42 AM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
The timeout is set to 30 minutes. That has not changed in years. The timeout is irrelevant if you're using the Remember Me option that is cookie based. If you don't use the Remember Me option then you have a session that expires after 30 minutes of inactivity to require you log back in. That also hasn't changed in years.

None of the those settings have changed in years. From time to time maintenance can clear session/cookies but those are replaced when you log back into CorvetteForum and use the Remember Me option.

If you're continuously getting logged out despite using the Remember Me option, your browser or 3rd party security software is either deleting cookies or you may have a corrupt browser cookie for CorvetteForum. In the latter case you'll need to delete all CorvetteForum cookies as you may have a corrupt cookie. Logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Some browsers allow you to singly delete cookies while others require you delete them all - even for other websites. After clearing all CorvetteForum cookies, revisit the website, make sure to use the Remember Me option and log in.
I just ticked Remember Me and had not been using it.
What I'm hearing (in part) is the timeout w/out remember me option is 30 minutes. How long is it if I use it?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 PM
J T
IB Staff

The Remember Me option is cookie-based. Meaning unless you deliberately use the Log Out link, or delete your browser cookies (either using your browser or 3rd party security software) your username and password will automatically be remembered upon each visit. This has nothing to do with the session/time out.

The 30 minute session time out is for those who don't use the Remember Me option. It is also used to tell others who is and isn't online. If you have been active anytime in the past 29 minutes and 59 seconds, you are considered to be online. At 30 minutes of inactivity, you are considered offline. Again, if you're using the Remember Me option, you will not be required to re-enter your username/password as that is cookie-based.

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop
I just ticked Remember Me and had not been using it.
What I'm hearing (in part) is the timeout w/out remember me option is 30 minutes. How long is it if I use it?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:34 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
The Remember Me option is cookie-based. Meaning unless you deliberately use the Log Out link, or delete your browser cookies (either using your browser or 3rd party security software) your username and password will automatically be remembered upon each visit. This has nothing to do with the session/time out.

The 30 minute session time out is for those who don't use the Remember Me option. It is also used to tell others who is and isn't online. If you have been active anytime in the past 29 minutes and 59 seconds, you are considered to be online. At 30 minutes of inactivity, you are considered offline. Again, if you're using the Remember Me option, you will not be required to re-enter your username/password as that is cookie-based.
The cookie based suggestion worked

What I'm hearing is people get disconnected every 30 minutes. We can either choose a cookie to have our credentials referenced eliminating the need to type in credentials after the timeout, or we can type in the credentials if we don't want to use a cookie for a credential reference.

Muchos gracias!

Get notified of new replies

To Why do I keep getting looged out of CF?

Quick Reply: Why do I keep getting looged out of CF?