Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Pictures too big . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts
Default Pictures too big . . .

I've noticed just in the past couple of weeks that huge pictures are messing up otherwise nice threads.

I know a lot (most?) people don't know or care how to reduce the picture before they post it, but I thought this forum (like most nowadays) automatically resized overly-large pictures.

But I don't see anybody else in these threads commenting on it. It does it on both of my computers, both running Firefox.

What's going on?
Old 02-05-2015, 11:21 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The forum does have software that will automatically resize the photos per settings in your own account. It has been installed and used for some months.

Go to UserCP: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/usercp.php
Scroll down to the The Image Resizer section near the bottom and enter a value for Image width if 1024, the default setting, is too large and you're running a screen resolution around 1024.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
The forum does have software that will automatically resize the photos per settings in your own account. It has been installed and used for some months.

Go to UserCP: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/usercp.php
Scroll down to the The Image Resizer section near the bottom and enter a value for Image width if 1024, the default setting, is too large and you're running a screen resolution around 1024.
It was at default (blank) I changed it to 800 but it didn't help.

Here's what I don't understand: I've been on here for 11 months, and everything has worked fine until a couple of week ago. I did not change any settings within my CP.

But suddenly, both my PCs have this problem on THIS forum. It leads me to believe the problem is not on my end. Yet I didn't see any other posters complain about it.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:33 PM
J T
IB Staff

Link to me a specific post where it is not working. If it's a multipage thread, please provide the exact post.

Other things that can make it not work is if you're using any add-ons that break the plugin from working. Namely javascript.

Originally Posted by Bruze
It was at default (blank) I changed it to 800 but it didn't help.

Here's what I don't understand: I've been on here for 11 months, and everything has worked fine until a couple of week ago. I did not change any settings within my CP.

But suddenly, both my PCs have this problem on THIS forum. It leads me to believe the problem is not on my end. Yet I didn't see any other posters complain about it.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
Link to me a specific post where it is not working. If it's a multipage thread, please provide the exact post.

Other things that can make it not work is if you're using any add-ons that break the plugin from working. Namely javascript.
The pictures on the original post on this thread are huge for me: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-shining.html
Old 02-05-2015, 02:50 PM
J T
IB Staff

They are being resized correctly for me.

By default (blank value), all images large than 1024px wide are resized to 1024px wide. Putting a value of 800px for width would have meant all images 800px wide or larger would be resized to 800px in width. But that work is done via javascript by your computer.

About the only possibility is you have an add-on in your browser and/or 3rd party security software that is not allowing the javascript to operate.

The pictures on the original post on this thread are huge for me: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-shining.html
Old 02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

I just noticed your account is using Slimbox (setting above where you set the image size). Change it to default(Lytebox) and retry.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
I just noticed your account is using Slimbox (setting above where you set the image size). Change it to default(Lytebox) and retry.
That did the trick.

But how it got that way is still a mystery. Nobody has access to either of my computers.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Pictures too big . . .

Quick Reply: Pictures too big . . .