Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

"Bold" and "Italic" problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Default "Bold" and "Italic" problems

Over the last several days, I've experienced problems when trying to put a word or words in either bold print, italic print, or both. I never had any problems in the past, but now when I click on these features in the toolbar, sometimes the enclosures or backslashes aren't showing up correctly, so when I post my comments, it's not correct. I then have to edit the post, and correct the placement of the symbols, to get the post to show up correctly.

Anybody else??
Old 02-20-2015, 08:41 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

I'm the only one??
Old 02-20-2015, 09:31 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not heard of this issue from any other member nor do I see this issue myself.

Those functions are javascript so the instructions come from CorvetteForum but it's your browser that does the actual work. Meaning, it's possible the issue is with your browser.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
I have not heard of this issue from any other member nor do I see this issue myself.

Those functions are javascript so the instructions come from CorvetteForum but it's your browser that does the actual work. Meaning, it's possible the issue is with your browser.
I understand, "JT", but the CF is the only place I have this issue, and it only started recently.

[B][/Do you see what I mean?B]

Before typing the above sentence, I clicked on the "BOLD" icon, the "Italic" icon, and the "size =4" icon, like I've done MANY times before, and this is what I got. I don't know what's wrong....
Old 02-20-2015, 02:11 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand, but I have not been able to replicate this and no other member has replied or reported the same issue. I followed the same steps as you reported in both IE and Firefox and the code was laid out correctly. Therefore, and given the browser executes the instructions, it would suggest that the issue may be local to your environment. In regard to the note about it only occurring on CF and not others, very few two sites are alike. Two vBulletin sites are likely not to be the same because vBulletin is very modular with the ability to expand via plugins and template edits. Even the WYSIWYG editors can be different.

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I understand, "JT", but the CF is the only place I have this issue, and it only started recently.

[B][/Do you see what I mean?B]
Before typing the above sentence, I clicked on the "BOLD" icon, the "Italic" icon, and the "size =4" icon, like I've done MANY times before, and this is what I got. I don't know what's wrong....
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To "Bold" and "Italic" problems

Quick Reply: "Bold" and "Italic" problems