Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Is there a way to delete a thread?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:01 PM
TDH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to delete a thread?

I would like to delete this thread and amend my question: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lley-bolt.html

I tried editing and the title doesn't change in forum view so its still the old question and not getting any responses.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We can change the thread title if you provide it to us. After X amount of time passes of the posting, members are unable to edit the thread title as seen in the forum.

Originally Posted by TDH
I would like to delete this thread and amend my question: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lley-bolt.html

I tried editing and the title doesn't change in forum view so its still the old question and not getting any responses.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
carbdude
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
We can change the thread title if you provide it to us. After X amount of time passes of the posting, members are unable to edit the thread title as seen in the forum.
I'm curious also... Is there No way to delete Old Posts... I think it reads something like this... "If you started the Thread, you can delete the thread"... How do we do that... see here

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...iting_deleting
Old 05-09-2015, 06:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

As the FAQ you linked to indicates with the wording of "may" and the more direct note that Administrators may have the option turned off, it is setup by the Administrators so that posts can't be deleted.

Originally Posted by carbdude
I'm curious also... Is there No way to delete Old Posts... I think it reads something like this... "If you started the Thread, you can delete the thread"... How do we do that... see here

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...iting_deleting
Old 05-09-2015, 08:04 PM
carbdude
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
As the FAQ you linked to indicates with the wording of "may" and the more direct note that Administrators may have the option turned off, it is setup by the Administrators so that posts can't be deleted.
Not sure why you wouldn't want old out dated posts to be deleted?

Its your site... Its your rules.... Thanks
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 PM
J T
IB Staff

Or why would we (as a community) want old posts removed? Old posts can contain information that may answer a question another member had.

Some may think that we need to delete content for the server when trying to incorrectly compare it to a desktop home computer. First, CorvetteForum runs on more than one server. Second, if storage is a concern, it can be expanded. Third, posts don't take up a lot of disk space through the database. Fourth, databases can handle a lot of data.

Yes, CorvetteForum and our parent company do not believe in deleting posts because it's not necessary and posts add value.

Originally Posted by carbdude
Not sure why you wouldn't want old out dated posts to be deleted?

Its your site... Its your rules.... Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a way to delete a thread?

Quick Reply: Is there a way to delete a thread?