Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Mobile App error

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry but I would not consider that to be exactly correct. There is no disagreement that the error would occur here (and actually on other websites that use the same product) from time to time and was often resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the product despite that's not really a proper fix. If the product didn't work for everyone for 2 years this thread probably wouldn't exist since no one would be using it

There has been extensive work on the mobile app for some time and some CorvetteForum members had been participating in a beta version that is soon to be made public. It is believed the recent errors, which aren't as easily resolved as it was in the past, is due to some of these required changes for the new product.

While the issue is being investigated, the plan is to have the new app published, possibly next week, with CorvetteForum being one of the first.

Originally Posted by petsur
Just so you understand, no one is doing anything about this parse error. I reported the problem and received the same response as you probably 2 years ago.

Support is probably sent off shore where you are considered a fat, rich, lazy, whiney American that drives a Corvette by someone in Mumbai. They could care less.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by J T
I'm sorry but I would not consider that to be exactly correct. There is no disagreement that the error would occur here (and actually on other websites that use the same product) from time to time and was often resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the product despite that's not really a proper fix. If the product didn't work for everyone for 2 years this thread probably wouldn't exist since no one would be using it

There has been extensive work on the mobile app for some time and some CorvetteForum members had been participating in a beta version that is soon to be made public. It is believed the recent errors, which aren't as easily resolved as it was in the past, is due to some of these required changes for the new product.

While the issue is being investigated, the plan is to have the new app published, possibly next week, with CorvetteForum being one of the first.
Good - we are all looking forward to an end to this mess. New app you say next week - good to see light at the end of the tunnel for members and advertisers.

As for these errors being a result of changes and no offshore work - color me very skeptical....
Old 04-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 613 Likes on 368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

One more waiting for a fix. Iphone 5 "Parse Error".

Tom
Old 05-12-2015, 10:30 AM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Mobile App

Any word on when the new version will be available on Apple?
Still waiting.......Thank You
Old 05-12-2015, 07:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm told it's still pending Apple's approval. Apparently the previous submission got rejected by Apple over a pretty small issue and so it had to be corrected and resubmitted 2 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by babbah
Any word on when the new version will be available on Apple?
Still waiting.......Thank You
Old 05-13-2015, 02:43 AM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
I'm told it's still pending Apple's approval. Apparently the previous submission got rejected by Apple over a pretty small issue and so it had to be corrected and resubmitted 2 weeks ago.
Taking Forever!! Geez.
Thanks JT
Old 05-22-2015, 06:00 AM
JJvette73
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ttt
Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Garyrw1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mobile App error