Ads

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 02:41 PM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Ads

Hey, guys, I know you need those ads on the side bar, but there are some that are a problem.
I was just looking at a thread about the breathless headlights, and this particular *&^%$# ad in the upper right corner WOULD NOT LET ME SCROLL DOWN.
I know it was that ad, because it would restart it's sales pitch every time the page got back to the top.
This has happened a couple of times too.
In particular, I've had problems logging in when the Advertisements took priority and my login skipped characters.
I end up typing ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME, WAITING FOR IT TO APPEAR before I can type the next one.
I'm on Comcast broadband, and my system is Quad Core with 16Gb RAM. Massive Video Card, so it's highly unlikely that it's my system.
Just a heads up on a very aggravating issue.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The one character appearing at a time as you type would be a CPU load issue on your computer. It doesn't matter what type of CPU you have, when it gets busy that is the result. It could be an ad that caused that to occur.

Regardless, in order to assist, we need to see a screen capture of the problem ad as well as a click-through link in order to locate and investigate the specific ad.

And since the thread you posted to is for membership account issues (like payments, upgrades, packages, etc.,) this is a different topic and I've moved the topic appropriately.

Originally Posted by ArtGle
Hey, guys, I know you need those ads on the side bar, but there are some that are a problem.
I was just looking at a thread about the breathless headlights, and this particular *&^%$# ad in the upper right corner WOULD NOT LET ME SCROLL DOWN.
I know it was that ad, because it would restart it's sales pitch every time the page got back to the top.
This has happened a couple of times too.
In particular, I've had problems logging in when the Advertisements took priority and my login skipped characters.
I end up typing ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME, WAITING FOR IT TO APPEAR before I can type the next one.
I'm on Comcast broadband, and my system is Quad Core with 16Gb RAM. Massive Video Card, so it's highly unlikely that it's my system.
Just a heads up on a very aggravating issue.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Michael Gordon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having the same issue. There are 2 video ads on the side bar, the latest is a BP ad, and they cause the page to scroll to the ad, if you can scroll at all, and just plan make it a pain in the butt to few the articles.

Get notified of new replies

To Ads

Quick Reply: Ads