New Post Activity

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:44 PM
WHSER
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Post Activity

When ever i arrive at a sub forum, the newest posts are always at the top. New posts I have not seen before are in bold black. Posts that have new activity in them are a dark gray and posts with no new activity are a regular font. In other forums I read, ALL new posts are listed in a bold black font regardless if they are new or added activity since my last visit. Is this a limitation to the software the board uses or is something wrong with my browser?

Thanks..
Old 07-02-2015, 08:38 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum is setup so the database keeps track of content you've read for the last 10 days so that it can more accurately indicate content that you've read and not read. This is an option in the software. A more popular setting that other comparable forums likely use is where the indicators are based on last visit and browser session/cookie information. The reason why CorvetteForum is setup this way is due to the increased usage of multiple devices per member and how that information is generally not passed between browsers on top of requiring the member to remain active every 30 minutes (session timeout CorvetteForum uses - default is around 20 minutes) or have their read/unread indicators reset.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:55 PM
WHSER
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To New Post Activity

Quick Reply: New Post Activity