Extremely slow sign on startup

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Extremely slow sign on startup

When trying to open CF and sign in, the site will start to open but just sits there with the rotating circle going round and round. When I initially get the CF symbol and enter user name and password it will take a long time to accept it and then tells me I've entered incorrect information. When I re-enter the information it will finally open. Typically I have been on other sites before CF and did not experience any type of problems.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Pretty sure it's something on your end. I log in 3 or 4 times a day EVERY day and have not had any trouble in the last several months.

JT will be along soon - he'll help you fix it.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-17-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:10 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're reporting two separate issues here. Login and performance.

1) Login: If you're getting the error of incorrect password or username, it is certainly because the wrong username and/or password was entered. The system does not make a mistake in this calculation just as a calculator does not mistake a simple math equation. It is always because of either of the following: 1)Passwords are CaSe sensitive and member is not using the correct CaSe for password 2)Member is trying to log into CorvetteForums.com, which is also under the same ownership but different database (yes, many have admitted to this mistake) or 3)Member forgot their password or it was changed by someone who has access to the account. There's also a 4)You're using your Browser's password management option to auto-fill your username/password but you changed your password on the website and didn't update the one in your browser's password management.

2) Slow performance: I have seen some slight performance issues this afternoon, and a few intermittent ones leading up to today.

Originally Posted by Old Ben
When trying to open CF and sign in, the site will start to open but just sits there with the rotating circle going round and round. When I initially get the CF symbol and enter user name and password it will take a long time to accept it and then tells me I've entered incorrect information. When I re-enter the information it will finally open. Typically I have been on other sites before CF and did not experience any type of problems.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Pretty sure it's something on your end. I log in 3 or 4 times a day EVERY day and have not had any trouble in the last several months.

JT will be along soon - he'll help you fix it.
If it is on my side why does it effect only Corvette Forum? All other sites open instantly.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by J T
You're reporting two separate issues here. Login and performance.

1) Login: If you're getting the error of incorrect password or username, it is certainly because the wrong username and/or password was entered. The system does not make a mistake in this calculation just as a calculator does not mistake a simple math equation. It is always because of either of the following: 1)Passwords are CaSe sensitive and member is not using the correct CaSe for password 2)Member is trying to log into CorvetteForums.com, which is also under the same ownership but different database (yes, many have admitted to this mistake) or 3)Member forgot their password or it was changed by someone who has access to the account. There's also a 4)You're using your Browser's password management option to auto-fill your username/password but you changed your password on the website and didn't update the one in your browser's password management.

2) Slow performance: I have seen some slight performance issues this afternoon, and a few intermittent ones leading up to today.
Thanks for your reply.

I have had the same user name and password since joining. To the best of my knowledge, none of your four examples apply.

I went out to dinner and shut the computer down without signing off of CF. Once online and opening CF site it opened quickly.

Guess the solution is to not sign out.

Get notified of new replies

To Extremely slow sign on startup

Quick Reply: Extremely slow sign on startup