Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Annoying Forum add locking up my PC.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 04:05 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
"leadfoot4" we will look further into the issue. I can confirm there is some occurrences of IE locking up.

Anyone who is willing, I would like to confirm if you could delete your IE's history, cache and cookies and then come straight to CorvetteForum and note if the issue is present right away or not.
I have been having a similar issue to the issues talked about above as well. It doesn't matter if I am logged in or not. Temporary Internet Files and all cookies were deleted and I still had the same issue.

I am running IE 11 and I fixed the issue by running the forum in compatibility mode.

I have a feeling that the issue is a Windows Update/IE Update/ or some sort of active x control issue. Or some sort of IE add on. Just a guess.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
As you know and I've noted before, we need to see a screen capture and a click-through link if we're to be able to look into the issue. We can't efficiently resolve such issues without some key information.

Some ads are served specifically to you based on factors. It's why I would see ads for local GM dealerships. That means a rouge ad for some off the wall site could be served to you based on browser or IP address history or IP address geo location.

CorvetteForum does not use true "pop-up" ads. If you're seeing one, it's either a rouge ad through the network or your machine is infected.

Although the common followup reply to that is that it only happens on CorvetteForum, saving the technical points, that actually is not conclusive to say the issue is from CorvetteForum.
Here is a screen shot. I disabled adblocker and it came right back. Not even sure what the heck it is selling.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The issue with the browser locking up, as reported by members, was resolved on Monday to our knowledge based on our findings and the feedback we received. I don't believe it was related to this issue except for timing.

Like I said, we really need a screen capture and a click-through link to locate the ad. There's not enough information there for us to go further on, as you also understand since you don't know what the ad is about!

I would probably try clearing your browser's cache because that ad could be served based on your browser's history.

Originally Posted by KJL
Here is a screen shot. I disabled adblocker and it came right back. Not even sure what the heck it is selling.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:04 AM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, things are much better now, but not 100% yet. At one point it had gotten so bad that I deleted the CF from my IE tabs. Still experiencing intermittent lockups during login tho. Been working around that by clicking on the stop "X" on the browser bar ASAP when the page comes up, which appears to stop whatever script is at fault. FWIW, up to date Windows 8.1 & IE, running on a Core i5 ThinkPad.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:47 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

It will be an interesting experiment for me.....I was out of town for a couple of days, and haven't been here since very early Monday morning. My first time back since then......

Quick Reply: Annoying Forum add locking up my PC.