Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

No More Email Notifications For Subscribed Threads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Default No More Email Notifications For Subscribed Threads?

It seems like the forum quit sending out email notifications when a subscribed thread has been posted to. I haven't received any in over a week and the threads are definitely active.

Any ideas?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:35 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not that the forum stopped sending email notifications. It's that some email providers, such as yours, is currently blocking connections from our email server. This means our email server cannot deliver those email notifications to your provider's email server which then delivers the email to you. The reason why this happens is because we're being labeled as "spammers", from certain providers, due to volume of email, people flagging our email, or a few other technical reasons with DNS.

As we are not the customers, we don't have a lot of control or influence to resolve this type of issue - especially in a timely fashion. Generally these types of issues are length to resolve.

You might try contacting Earthlink and let them know that you rather have the ability to decide on which emails you receive rather than letting them block emails to you that you don't know they're blocking (such as this case).

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
It seems like the forum quit sending out email notifications when a subscribed thread has been posted to. I haven't received any in over a week and the threads are definitely active.

Any ideas?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok, thanks very much, I'll do that.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 AM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Received 212 Likes on 113 Posts

Having the same issue here - *** as my provider. No notifications since Monday, the 27th.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Same here and I'm on charter.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:01 PM
J T
IB Staff

Yes, some email providers subscribe to a list/party that maintain who is deemed as a "spammer". Your provider, Charter, does subscribe to a list/party that we're currently having issues with and is why some using different email providers are having the same issue. Why someone gets listed ranges from many things.

Your provider is blocking our email server so that we can't deliver email to you:

youremailaddresshere@charter.net: delivery temporarily suspended: host mx1.charter.net[68.114.188.69] refused to talk to me: 554 impin002 charter.net ?? IP: 98.158.192.80, You are not allowed to send mail.

Because this is temporary and the email is queued, it's possible you may get some emails and not others and some may appear days later.

We are trying to work with getting our email server cleared, but we are not the paying customer to these providers - you are. So telling your provider that you would like to decide which emails you do and don't want, rather than have the company make that decision for you, might help as you're their paying customer.

Originally Posted by Old Ben
Same here and I'm on charter.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I changed my email address from EarthLink to a Gmail address in an effort to start receiving notifications again. It appears that by changing my email address my member status was reset from lifetime member to std.

Seems like that type of setting should follow the user name, not the email address.

Can you reset back to lifetime?
Old 08-02-2015, 08:38 PM
J T
IB Staff

The account status does follow the username, or more accurately the userid. And sometimes this happens because there is no perfect system.

I have manually fixed your account.

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
I changed my email address from EarthLink to a Gmail address in an effort to start receiving notifications again. It appears that by changing my email address my member status was reset from lifetime member to std.

Seems like that type of setting should follow the user name, not the email address.

Can you reset back to lifetime?
Old 08-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J T
The account status does follow the username, or more accurately the userid. And sometimes this happens because there is no perfect system.

I have manually fixed your account.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To No More Email Notifications For Subscribed Threads?

Quick Reply: No More Email Notifications For Subscribed Threads?