Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Web Site Issues??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
I believe the issue is with an ad unit and/or ad script. I see no evidence of a "hack", which to say we've been hacked is a bit of a blind jump just because the site isn't working correctly.

The issue is being looked into.
Said with tongue in cheek, you know what I mean, its sort of been in the news quite a bit lately. Geeze
NSF
Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Well it's back to the same symptoms, locking up, won't close, says corvette forum has stopped responding.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Dad rat it!!!!...

It worked about thirty minutes just fine, than really wacked out. I've been trying another hour to make an upgraded report. This is it...I'm done after this, life is too short to get this poed....may try again next week. I had a mention of a long running script on one of the flashing notices, lots of Corvette Forum is not responding notices...and so on. Maybe that'll help..??

For what its worth the "remember me" function has been misbehaving for a good while...at least on my end.

It was mentioned by another member and just brushed off. I think that issue is with "this site only" as well.

I don't have ANY problems elsewhere.

Now the thread has been moved...that's par for the course, lol.

On thing for sure some of us can't get on (or off this site) sometimes...that's for real. It's been hacked or has a bug or something that is very frustrating!

I haven't been on Corvette Action Center since I found this site...maybe it's time I visit them for a while.

...like I really have some other option! Crapola...!

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 08-02-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
thoyer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 355 Likes on 225 Posts

Yup, same issues here, been this way for a couple weeks now. Happens with either IE or Chrome. Get message that I need to reload "shockwave" or something like that. Type in a sentence and it takes forever to show up. Just had some audio come through for "skippys singles". Some commercial - no other window open - no popups.

Tom
Old 08-02-2015, 09:20 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan's Customs
For what its worth the "remember me" function has been misbehaving for a good while...at least on my end.

It was mentioned by another member and just brushed off. I think that issue is with "this site only" as well.
There are several reasons why the Remember Me option may not work, such as:

1) Corrupt cookie in the member's browser for the website the member is experiencing the issue with. Because each site generally uses multiple cookies for just their website, the issues experienced on one site due to a corrupt cookie in the member's browser will likely not be experienced on another website. The fix is for the member to manually remove all the cookies in their browser for the site experiencing the issue.

2) Member has the browser set to clear cookies when the browser is closed.

2A) Because there's an optional "Persevere Favorites Data" option in the browser that will prevent cookies from being deleted for any sites marked as a Favorite (Bookmarked), the member may not see the same issue on other website.

3) Member is running a 3rd party program that clears browser files and other files as part of privacy or disk maintenance.

4) Member is using the Log Out link.

5) Server has dropped the session table or the cookie path has changed. Note that if this happens, every single member who uses cookies will experience the issue at the same time. We're talking about hundreds of members, at the least, who would experience the issue.

I don't know the example you're referring to about a member who reported an issue with the Remember Me option and was "brushed off". Nearly every single post made in here gets some degree of help, even if it's not the answer that some want to hear or believe.

I have worked with the software for over 15 years across multiple sites. The most common issue with the Remember Me not working is a corrupt cookie in the member's browser for that given site.

But sometimes some put up resistance using the following reason:

I don't have ANY problems elsewhere.
And that's probably correct. That's because the way cookies work in a browser. A corrupt cookie for one site is going to give issues for that site only. The member must take the step to manually delete the cookie and revisit the website to restore it.

Now the thread has been moved to some obscure place where other members can report if they are having the same issues too. It looks like it would be handy to know just how bad this really is...rather than hide it? Guess not though....
I did not move this thread myself. But this is not about hiding an issue. If it were, this thread wouldn't exist! This is about content being placed in the proper place to receive proper response from the proper people. This is the Help section for the website. Having website related issues scattered across all of the sections does not help the people who can look into and resolve these issues.

I have replied in a few other threads that have been created about the issue with the ads and browser locking-up. I had replied that I can confirm the issue and it's being looked into. I also went to the degree by stating that the issue is likely an ad unit or ad script. Again, no hiding.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

While it will let me..

Sorry to be so disgruntled...and thanks for the explanation.

The bottom line is I can't fixit, I've tried.

Thanks...Stan
Old 08-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Having problems here with IE, but works OK with Chrome and my iPhone (Safari).
Old 08-03-2015, 06:36 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Vette_DD
Hmm, strange that the other 200,000+ forum members are not reporting the problem.

Hmmmmm, strange that you would take the time to make such a worthless post. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:41 AM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by J T
I believe the issue is with an ad unit and/or ad script. I see no evidence of a "hack", which to say we've been hacked is a bit of a blind jump just because the site isn't working correctly.

The issue is being looked into.

The site seems to be running much better today for me....still not perfect....but much better than it has been.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,029 Likes on 669 Posts

I know the reason why the 'vast majority' of Forum Members didn't complain about it the last couple days...it wasn't working for them at all. In the last 48 hours I could get into the site and then open a particular thread but then the cursor started to just fade in and out and total freeze-out and this was the only bookmarked site that had that problem. Working fine now (fingers crossed).
Old 08-03-2015, 11:25 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Everybody do yourself a favor and switch to Firefox.

IE is buggy with a lot of sites,and nobody bothers with it anymore if it has problems.

You cand use Chrome if you like Google spying on you.

IE
Old 08-03-2015, 03:13 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDoug

IE is buggy with a lot of sites,and nobody bothers with it anymore if it has problems.

IE
Mac with Firefox and no problems.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:26 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is believed the issue with the ad unit was located. If you continue to have an issue with the forum locking up, please delete your browser's cache. If you have CorvetteForum marked as a favorite, you may need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data option before clearing the browser's cache or it won't work properly.

If this does not fix the forum locking up issue, let us know along with the following:

1) Are you logged in or not?
2) What browser and version are you using?
3) What operating system are you using?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
It is believed the issue with the ad unit was located. If you continue to have an issue with the forum locking up, please delete your browser's cache. If you have CorvetteForum marked as a favorite, you may need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data option before clearing the browser's cache or it won't work properly.

If this does not fix the forum locking up issue, let us know along with the following:

Thanks JT, everything seems fine now but it was crazy
NSF
Old 08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello JT..

Allrightey then...all is well it seems now. In fact its faster than its been for a while for me...yippee!!!

Glad you found the issue...

I miss this forum when it's down.

All the best ...Stan
Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 PM
thoyer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 355 Likes on 225 Posts

Working great tonight. Fast and no lockups.

Thanks for the support!

Tom
Old 08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDoug

IE
I'm on firefox and mine did it all weekend...
Old 08-04-2015, 10:24 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I had the issue in IE across all internet brands sites this weekend. Issue went away in Firefox, and now seems completely fixed in IE too
Old 08-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by J T

I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a try. Been spending more time over on a Porsche site than this one the past couple weeks.