Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Anyone else having internet problems with CF lately?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:32 PM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
In order to assist we need more information, such as:

1) Do you notice any specific ad when the issue occurs, such as a video or flash ad? If so, you need to provide us with a screen capture and click through link. Even if the browser appears locked, the screen capture function should still work.

2) Provide what browser and version you're using.

3) State if you have any browser extensions.
Seems to be the ads that play uncontrolled at the bottom of a page, or off to the side. Both lap top, and desk top just do the beach ball , can't get it to do anything, including X out of CF let alone get a screen capture. Sometimes it Xes out all by itself. No problems on other sites.
I had a hard time posting this.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:51 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately that doesn't help narrow down the problem as all ads aren't freezing the browser. We also need the requested information above.

I used IE 10 to browse around and despite the ads, and video ad, my browser did not lock up. I can say that I noticed some lag with IE that I don't with the Firefox browser I normally use.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it's an issue that's related to certain environments using the flash plugin, which can be used for video.

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer
Seems to be the ads that play uncontrolled at the bottom of a page, or off to the side. Both lap top, and desk top just do the beach ball , can't get it to do anything, including X out of CF let alone get a screen capture. Sometimes it Xes out all by itself. No problems on other sites.
I had a hard time posting this.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

It's at it again. Freezes the site and all I get is a quick running list of "Waiting for xxxxxxx" across the grey scroll line. Same as last time when it was dismissed as being some kind of ad generator that was being corrected.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM
J T
IB Staff

Not sure I understand why you say it was dismissed. I made it known that it was being looked into and that it was also found and corrected. It was corrected as members indicated at the time.

Again, in order to assist we need more information, such as:

1) Do you notice any specific ad when the issue occurs, such as a video or flash ad? If so, you need to provide us with a screen capture and click through link. Even if the browser appears locked, the screen capture function should still work.

Originally Posted by Old Ben
It's at it again. Freezes the site and all I get is a quick running list of "Waiting for xxxxxxx" across the grey scroll line. Same as last time when it was dismissed as being some kind of ad generator that was being corrected.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:07 PM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Not sure I understand why you say it was dismissed. I made it known that it was being looked into and that it was also found and corrected. It was corrected as members indicated at the time.

Again, in order to assist we need more information, such as:

I am not computer literate. All I can tell you is that for example Magnussen posted a 4 min video in PRC and 20 minutes later my computer was still doing the beach ball, within a minute of clicking on CF it sounds like a jet, and I literally have to hold the off button down to get out of here, and restart my computer. Yet I can go to you tube and watch the same video 10 times with no issues. The only way I was able to post this was to race to get it posted.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:11 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 909 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I have been receiving the following error message for three days continuous. But no explanation or instructions on what to do about it!

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: https://secure.flashtalking.com/3296...0_V3_Rich1.swf cannot load data from https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...al-discussion/.
at com.flashtalking.princessCruises.templat e.assets::FeedXmlParser()
at com.flashtalking.princessCruises.templat e::PRI_COR_PROSPECTING_2014_728x90_V3_Ri ch1()
Old 08-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Still having slow operation here on this forum. Other sites run fine. Downloaded Adblock plus as recommended by a member. Might have improved things, but not perfect yet. This thread locked up on me a minute ago, and I had to re-sign in again.

Still working to try a couple other previous suggestions, but for now, perhaps an off immediate-topic question. Is there a way to disable the advertising videos at the end of what seems like every thread? I'm less annoyed at continually having to watch the KY lube advertisements as I'm concerned about the data/download quantity each time I visit another thread. I'm out in the boonies, and my only internet connection is a metered setup from one of the local cell companies. If possible, I'd like to not have to be continually billed for the data flow that these advertisements consume.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:45 PM
wrmiles
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Had some problems with excessive CPU usage and slow jerky scrolling that cleared up after about fifteen minutes.

The flash ad at the top of the right column seemed suspicious. At various times I saw:

An all white block
An all white block with an explanation point in a circle
A Goodyear ad
a progressive ad
A view pdf ad

OS & browser are W7 and IE11. I don't know how to tell for sure what element on a page is causing the problems. Suggestions?

I appreciate the necessity for ads. I do not appreciate the necessity for poorly executed crap that impacts the functionality of a site.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:06 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

TONS of script errors. Forum is terrible lately.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:33 PM
J T
IB Staff

Further information can help if you want the issue looked into.

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
TONS of script errors. Forum is terrible lately.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:06 PM
fstrthnu01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, having the scrolling issues also on every thread. Either scrolling is very slow, or is jerky, randomly going from top to bottom.

Using Google chrome with IBM Trusteer extension (have to with my bank). All other sites zero problems.

Let me know what else you need to help.

Thank you,

John
Old 08-31-2015, 07:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Are you logged in or not when the issue occurs? Do you have any video ads that appear whenever the issue occurs?

Originally Posted by fstrthnu01
Hello, having the scrolling issues also on every thread. Either scrolling is very slow, or is jerky, randomly going from top to bottom.

Using Google chrome with IBM Trusteer extension (have to with my bank). All other sites zero problems.

Let me know what else you need to help.

Thank you,

John
Old 08-31-2015, 07:39 PM
fstrthnu01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Are you logged in or not when the issue occurs? Do you have any video ads that appear whenever the issue occurs?
I wasn't logged in when this occurred. Just tried scrolling through some threads logged in and that seems to have corrected the problem?
Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

OK but was there a video ad when you wasn't logged in and the issue occurred?

More ads are displayed to viewers not logged in. This has been the case for quite some time and that's probably going to need to continue.

Some environments on some computers do not handle flash/videos as well as others.

Originally Posted by fstrthnu01
I wasn't logged in when this occurred. Just tried scrolling through some threads logged in and that seems to have corrected the problem?
Old 09-04-2015, 03:04 PM
lqpappy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I can access anything on the site except c1-c2 general and I get a message that internet explorer is closing the program. No problem until yesterday and same problem today. Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 03:13 PM
J T
IB Staff

Delete your cache making sure it deletes CorvetteForum's data. If CorvetteForum is marked as a Favorite then you will need to deselect the Preserve Favorites Data option.

If that doesn't work, Microsoft's suggestion is to turn off IE and back on.

Further information is found here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...rking#ie=ie-11

Originally Posted by lqpappy
I can access anything on the site except c1-c2 general and I get a message that internet explorer is closing the program. No problem until yesterday and same problem today. Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 03:46 PM
lqpappy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Didn't seem to change anything. I can access any part of the forum except the c1 c2 general discussion. Error message says internet explorer has stopped working. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else having internet problems with CF lately?

Old 09-04-2015, 05:52 PM
J T
IB Staff

Did you actually do what I recommended as well as what Microsoft's website recommended?

If Microsoft can't fix your issue, I doubt we can. So make sure to follow their instructions as I posted.

Didn't seem to change anything. I can access any part of the forum except the c1 c2 general discussion. Error message says internet explorer has stopped working. Thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

I get that on a semi-regular basis with Off Topic and PR&C. I'll give JT's suggestions a try, and hope for the best.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:51 PM
BAMvette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Yesterday and today I'm getting the "Internet Explorer is closing the program" as well.

Windows 7 and IE10.

Never seen this problem before.

Only happens in Off Topic. I seem to be able to access all other parts of the site. Haven't downloaded any thing new.

I'll try the suggestions above.

Update: Above suggestions didn't work for me. However, IE is back to normal today. All that I did was download the current version of Firefox, which then required the current version of Adobe Flash. I wouldn't think that those two downloads would have anything to do with my IE issue, but it's working again.

Last edited by BAMvette; 11-14-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having internet problems with CF lately?